[BHS etree] MISC: Student Court applications

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Jan 8 15:58:18 PST 2008

Do not reply to etree, contact David Luu
mailto:<mailto:david_luu at berkeley.k12.ca.us>david_luu at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Are you interested in law? Do you want to help people in your
community? Do you want to help make student discipline fairer, more
meaningful, and more productive? Maybe we're looking for you!

The Berkeley High Student Court is a restorative justice program that
operates out of Berkeley High School's OCI, and it provides a
restorative alternative to discipline. We are recruiting students to
be advocates for the program. You will be learning about how to
interview offenders, construct statements, and analyze the context
and impact of the offenders' actions. Advocates will be trained by
graduate students through a partnership fostered between Berkeley
High School with the UC Berkeley School of Law.

There is elective credit available for participation, and the class
meets on Wednesdays and Thursdays after school. Trials take place
four times a month (two every other week) from 5:30p.m. to 7:30p.m.

Interested students can speak to David Luu in H104 from 9:30a.m. to
1:30p.m. for an application and more information!

Parents and community members can contact the Program Coordinator at
<mailto:david_luu at berkeley.k12.ca.us>david_luu at berkeley.k12.ca.us