[BHS etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES: Mock Election needs volunteers

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Jan 8 16:00:09 PST 2008

Do not reply to etree, contact Janet Huseby mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net

Hello Parent Voters!

On Tuesday, January 29 the California State Department and local League of
Women Voters is sponsoring a state-wide student mock election.  We are
excited to participate in this effort which we hope will build interest in
voting.   The future of our democracy depends quite literally on the
enthusiasm of our students and we are looking for your help in pulling it
off.

We envision setting up polling booths in the foyer of the Community
Theater.  We need volunteers to register "voters", hand out ballots,
monitor booths and help count the results.  We need people for the shifts
listed below.  If you can help, please contact Janet Huseby at [
mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net ]jhuseby at pacbell.net.

#1 - 8:30-10:30
#2 - 10:30-12:30
#3 - 12:30-2:30