[BHS etree] BHSDG: Thank you from the Development Group

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Dec 13 15:51:31 PST 2007

BHSDG contacts: Susan Helmrich
(<mailto:shelmrich at aol.com>shelmrich at aol.com) and Jenny Burroughs
(<mailto:jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net>jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net)

Thank you to everyone who has given so generously to the Berkeley
High School Development Group this year.  So far we have raised
almost $212,000 since July 1, 2007!  This is a record-breaking year
for the BHSDG, and thanks to your donations we have been able to fund
more than 25 grant requests since September.  This includes
purchasing literacy equipment for Special Ed, video cameras, digital
cameras, helping to fund the Student Court, UC readers for AP
classes, funding the newly formed Cricket Club, and so much more.  In
addition, your funds have helped support the new and improved
after-school tutoring program which covers a wide range of subjects
for all students in all small schools and programs.  Once again, this
year we will be offering every teacher a $200 classroom grant to be
spent on classroom materials, books, or consumables that will benefit
student learning.

We cannot thank you enough.  Your donations are truly making a
difference at Berkeley High School, and it is evident in classrooms
each and every day.  We want to continue to do the work that we do,
and we cannot do it without your support.  If you haven't given yet,
please consider the Berkeley High School Development Group when you
make your year-end tax-deductible gifts.  No donation is too small,
every dollar is so greatly appreciated.  We are hoping for 100%
participation from all BHS families as we strive to reach our goal of
raising $1 million!

Checks can be sent to: BHSDG
                                    P.O. Box 519
                                    Berkeley, CA 94701

Questions?  Contact Susan Helmrich
(<mailto:shelmrich at aol.com>shelmrich at aol.com) or call the BHSDG phone
at 510-464-1181

Happy Holidays from the Berkeley High School Development Group and
best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year.