[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: BHS Holiday Meal - Dec. 15: Help needed

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Dec 10 15:22:43 PST 2007

Do not reply to etree, contact Chris Young, Interim Activities
Director mailto:cyoung at berkeley.k12.ca.us

If you are a BHS community member interested in volunteering or donating
to the Holiday Meal we would greatly appreciate your help!  This Saturday,
December 15 is the annual meal, serving some 300-500 homeless and
low-income residents of Berkeley.  We are looking for volunteers for the
following shifts, especially shifts 0 and 4:

(0)    "Friday Night Lights Shift" - 4:00-8:00 - Cooking, set-up -
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14.
(1)  "Early Bird Special Shift"  7:30-10:00  Cooking, set-up
(2)   "Morning Madness Shift"   9:30-12:30   Cooking, set-up
(3)    "Showtime Shift"  12:30-3:30   Serving, ushering/waiting
(4)    "Homestretch Heroes Shift"  3:00-6:00   Serving, ushering/waiting,
clean-up

Also we are still accepting donations.   We've got a great canned food
drive going (send some cans with your student to their 2nd period
class!!), but we'd also like to be able to provide fresh food for our
guests.  We are looking for  hams, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, juices,
spices (nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin), table cloths, and
cooking utensils (ladles, can openers, serving spoons and forks, carving
knives).  Any of these items we would gladly accept at the BHS Food Court
on the morning of December 15.  If you'd like an item back please put your
name and phone number on it!  Please email Chris Young
(cyoung at berkeley.k12.ca.us), Interim Activities Director, to let him know
when you can work and/or what you might be bringing so we can be prepared.

Thanks a bunch!