[BHS etree] SUPT: BUSD Family Diversity Task Force Meeting - Oct. 2nd

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Sep 26 15:23:33 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Judy Appel at [
mailto:judy at ourfamily.org ]

The Family Diversity Task Force asked me to pass this invitation on to
the community.
Mark Coplan, BUSD PIO

All parents/caregivers, teachers, principals and other members of our
school community are encouraged to attend.
BUSD Family Diversity
Task Force Meeting*
Tuesday Oct. 2, 2007

6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Jefferson Elementary School
1400 ADA St.
(2 blocks from N. Berkeley BART)

~ RECOGNIZING FAMILY DIVERSITY IMPACTS EVERYONE & EVERYONE IS
WELCOME!~

Free childcare and light dinner will be provided.

*What is the BUSD Family Diversity Task Force?
This group started meeting last year to have a strategic discussion
about how BUSD schools are working to be welcoming for all families,
including LGBT families. BUSD administrators, staff and parents
discuss what can be done and what is being done to integrate LGBT and
general family diversity curriculum into schools, how to make schools
safer and more inclusive, how to work with the parent community and
how to incorporate these issues into overall anti-bullying work.

Organized by BUSD parents, teachers, principals and Our Family
Coalition

For more information email Judy Appel at [ mailto:judy at ourfamily.org ]