[BHS etree] WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: Help Our Students Succeed - Be A Writer Coach

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Sep 19 18:04:57 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Sahib-Amar Khalsa
[mailto:sakk at mindspring.com]

HELP OUR STUDENTS SUCCEED - BE A WRITER COACH!

WriterCoach Connection trains volunteers to work with students in
their English classes, one-on-one, on their writing assignments. You
don't have to be a writer or a teacher to be a writer coach. Training
is underway - so sign up now. If you are looking for a way to become
involved in the Berkeley High community, consider becoming a part of
this enriching and rewarding program. Only 2 hours of your time, twice
per month, is needed.

For more information, contact Sahib-Amar Khalsa at 237-6963 or
sakk at mindspring.com.

When: Friday mornings, 1st & 2nd period, twice per month - starting in
mid October

Who: Parents/guardians, college students, retirees, and members of the
community

Where: Community Partnerships Academy English classes at Berkeley High

How: Sign up for a training session today - at
writercoachconnection.org - Volunteer section. Or call Sahib-Amar at
237-6963 for more information.

Why: Here are just a few reasons -

"This is a program that works. It helps give students a sense of
mastery and accomplishment." - Writing Coach

"My students' actual performance on writing assignments began to
improve significantly. I noticed that I was recording fewer D's and
F's on their report cards. It didn't take long for me to realize the
connection." - Susannah Bell, BHS English teacher

"Coaching raised most of my grades and put me back on the right
track." - 9th grader

Sahib-Amar Khalsa
BHS Site Coordinator - WriterCoach Connection
510-237-6963