[BHS etree] PTSA: Homework Site -- HELP WANTED!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Sep 12 12:20:41 PDT 2007

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Jessica Seaton
[mailto:jessica at seatonwilson.com]

Dear Berkeley High parents --

With the generous financial support of the BHS Development Group, the
Berkeley High PTSA has enrolled Berkeley High in an an electronic
homework site.  This site, http://www.thehomeworksite.com , is
designed to act as a single point of access for teachers, students,
and parents to communicate homework assignments and testing schedules.

Participation in the homework site by Berkeley High teachers will be
entirely voluntary.  Teachers will not be required to use this site if
they do not want to.  It is our hope that teachers will come to see
this site as a labor saving device and that their participation will
be rewarded by a positive change in their students' academic
performance.  Parents and students will be able to log on to the site
and access, on a weekly or a monthly calendar, homework assignments
and test schedules for all of their classes. It is hoped that this
level of access will enable parents to become active partners in their
student's education.

It is important that we present this electronic tool to our teachers
as user friendly and easily accessible.   We need to present the site
to our teachers and persuade them that it is easy to use.

If you are interested in this project, please contact Jessica at
jessica at seatonwilson.com to help her enroll teachers in the program
and encourage them to use it.

Thank you!
Your Berkeley High PTSA