[BHS etree] PTSA: Teacher Appreciation Luncheon Volunteers Needed

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue May 8 17:21:58 PDT 2007

Please do not hit reply, contact: Mark van
Krieken 848-6406 mailto:markvk4 at comcast.net

URGENT!  Teacher Appreciation Luncheon Volunteers Needed

The PTSA very much needs two noble volunteers
to step forward and organize and coordinate the
annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon.  The date
has been set for Wednesday, May 30th in the
Community Theater Foyer.

As we all know, no matter what else goes on at
our school, the most important factor impacting
our kids’ experience at Berkeley High is the
quality of the teachers that stand before them
every day.  In bringing their experience,
knowledge and passion to work with them
throughout the year, our teachers regularly work
beyond their normal workday to help develop and
implement programs, meet individually with
students who need extra help and very often
purchase supplies and educational materials with
their own money.  In short, they’re the bottom
line when it comes to the educational experience
of our children and we are very much indebted to
them.

The Teacher Appreciation Luncheon is a wonderful
tradition that we very much need to continue.  It
is one of the biggest ways that we let the
Berkeley High Teachers know how valued their
efforts are each year.  Please contact me as soon
as you can if this is something you are able to
do.  And we promise, you won't be on your own. We
will provide you with people who can help with
organizing, and with finding volunteers to help
with the food and with the actual event.  But
first, we need those two noble volunteers to lead
the effort.

Thank you very much,
Mark van Krieken
PTSA Co-President