[BHS etree] ADMIN: The AP exams, a correction

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Apr 25 23:11:38 PDT 2007

Contact: Janet Huseby <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net

As several people have kindly pointed out my first posting calling for help
with the AP exams contained an error.  The first test is on May 7 (not May 1
as written.)  In addition, I left off the need for a proctor to help with
the French language test which is also offered on the 7th.  In case you
missed the first posting, I am resending it below along in the corrected
form.  Thank you, Janet

1. The Advanced Placement (AP) Exams will begin Monday, May 7 when Berkeley
High begins administering 1,864 exams over a two week period.  We are
committed to offering as many AP courses (and tests) as possible.  However,
we can only do so with community support. Each test will have one paid
administrator. For exams with more than 35 students, the college board
requires an additional proctor, for 51 to 100 students three proctors are
called for, and so on.   In addition, a number of students have been granted
extended time. Proctors are needed to sit with these students as they
complete their tests.  If you have a child taking an AP exam, please do your
best to proctor another exam.  And, if you have a child with extended time,
please consider proctoring another child's extended time.  Together, we can
make these tests work. I will distribute parking passes for volunteers who
need them.

2. . The test begins at 8 a.m. for morning sessions and noon for afternoon
sessions. We are asking volunteers to report at 7:30 a.m. for the morning
and 11:30 for the afternoon sessions.  I will let you know where the exam
will take place next week.

3. Below you will find the AP schedule and the proctoring needs for that
particular exam.  Parents are not allowed to proctor their own child's exam.
Please let me know (at <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net)
which AP exam you can proctor and if you will need a parking pass for that
day.

3. Below is a truncated test schedule showing our  proctoring needs.  I did
not list tests which are offered but which do not need an extra proctor.
For the complete AP TEST schedule, please go to
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/cal.html

Monday, May 7
7:30 a.m.
Government and Politics (6 proctors  plus one proctor 11:30-3 p.m.)

11:30
French language (1 proctor)

Tuesday, May 8
7:30 am
Spanish Language (4 proctors)

11:30
Statistics (4 proctors)

Wednesday, May 9
7:30 am
Calculus AB and BC (6 proctors plus one proctor 12-3 pm)

Thursday, May 10
7:30 am
English Literature (3 proctors plus one 12-3 pm)

Friday, May 11
7:30 am
US History (7 proctors)

11:30
Studio Art (1 proctor)

Monday, May 14
7:30 am
Biology (7 proctors)
Music Theory (2 proctors)

11:30
Physics B and C(1 proctor)

Tuesday, May 15
7:30 am
Environmental Science (6 proctors plus one from 12 to 3 pm) Chemistry (2
proctors)

Wednesday, May 16
7:30 am
English Language (7 proctors)