[BHS etree] STUDENT ACTIVITIES OFFICE: News for Seniors & Juniors

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Mar 29 14:02:04 PDT 2007

Do not reply to this email.  If you have any questions, please contact
Edith Jordan at 510-644-8990 or email
<mailto:Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us>

Hello BHS Family,

What a glorious spring we have been given!  It has been wonderfully
busy around here as our lovely Yellowjackets get ready for their
spring time activities!  A lot has been going on and I want to thank
all of you for supporting our students in their successes!  Here is
what is going on in student activities...

Seniors....Cap and gown time is now!  The Achievers will be here on
March 30th during lunch time to take cap and gown orders.  The
pre-order discount is over and cap and gowns are now $40.00 + tax.
The next time Achievers will be here to take orders will be Friday,
April 13th.  Forms are available in D-148

The senior prom is almost here!  Please make sure to clear up any
outstanding debts you have before the start of ticket sales because
you cannot purchase tickets to the senior prom if you owe any money to
the school.  Tickets will be available in April, starting the week of
April 23rd.

The senior prom is Saturday June 2, 2007 at the fabulous Julia Morgan
Room in San Francisco.  The theme for the senior prom is "Diamonds are
Forever".  The Julia Morgan Room is located in the Merchants Exchange
Building at 465 California St.,  parent chaperones are needed for the
event so if you would like to chaperone please contact Edith Jordan at
644-8990 or email Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us.  Please remember
this is a formal event so appropriate attire is required for entry.
If your clothing is inappropriate, you are caught with illegal items,
or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you will not be permitted
to enter and your parents or guardians will be notified.

Juniors....The class of 2008 has been making a wonderful comeback!
Thank you for the donations and support!  The students are so happy to
be a part of such a supportive community!  The junior prom is set for
Saturday April 21st at the Bayside Pavilion in Alameda.  The address
of the venue is 2203 Mariner Square Loop, 94501.  Again, parent
chaperones are needed for the event so if you would like to chaperone,
please contact Edith Jordan at 644-8990 or email
Edith_Jordan at berkeley.k12.ca.us.

The theme for the junior prom is "A Swing Back in Time".  The class of
2008 has opted for a Cottonesque Club like atmosphere and will be
featuring live jazz in the early segments of the prom!  Again,
appropriate attire is required for entry.  If your clothing is
inappropriate, you are caught with illegal items, or under the
influence of drugs or alcohol, you will not be permitted into the
event and your parents or guardians will be notified.

Leadership applications are available for any student who would like
to participate in student government here at BHS.  There are various
positions and roles within leadership.  If you are looking for
something to be apart of at BHS, maybe leadership is for you.  Stop by
and talk to me (Ms. Jordan) and see if you might like to be a
potential candidate for leadership.