[BHS etree] SUPT: BUSD Surplus Committee Needs YOU

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Mar 20 19:32:42 PDT 2007

Do not hit reply, contact
mailto:mark_coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us or call
644-6320

Surplus property issues are important to our schools and to the greater
Berkeley community. Your participation is critical to this important
process. This will not take a lot of your time, and what time you do
invest will be well spent.

Mark Coplan, BUSD Public Information Officer

BUSD Surplus Committee

The BUSD Surplus Committee has completed their report to the Board on the
Hillside School site, and at least six of the members have agreed to
continue with the committee as we begin looking at other surplus property
questions. Next they will look at potentially surplus property on Sixth
Street, followed by the Berkeley High School Tennis Courts, with other
possible surplus properties to follow. The Board is looking for an
additional five community members who are interested in the work of the
Surplus Committee and are willing to serve. The committee is what is
referred to as a “7-11” Committee as it is required to have a minimum of
seven, but not more than eleven members. The application for the Surplus
Committee is available on the BUSD website, [
http://www.berkeley.k12.ca.us ]www.berkeley.k12.ca.us on the home page or
by calling 644-6320.

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD