[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 2/14/07

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Feb 13 15:35:42 PST 2007

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
February 14, 2007

*Indicates new or updated item

Administration

1. Seniors: Acheivers will be here February 15th to take cap and gown
orders.  The pre-order discount has been extended until that date.
Forms available in D148--order your cap and gowns now!

Clubs

*1. Earphone English- don't forget today at lunch in C116.

2. Come join the Chicano/Latino Graduation Committee during lunch on
Thursday, February 15th in G111.

3. The Community Partnerships Academy (CPA) Small School needs your
help. We are looking for donations of SAT prep materials.  SAT Study
Guides are particularly welcomed.  Please bring them to H202 anytime.
For more information please contact Annie Johnston
mailto:anniej at igc.org anniej at igc.org).  We could sure use your help.
Thanks again.

4. To all students interested in the free Nicaragua trip with Building
with Books: the deadline has been extended to February 20th.  Come to
the West Gallery during lunch on Tuesdays for more information.

5. A wise man once said "...The foundation of every state is the
education of its youth."  How is it that education has an impact on
the state?  What purposes does education serve in our society?  What
is the history of the educational system?  How has what was learned in
the past created the world that we live in today?  If you want the
answers to these questions, or want to learn more about the
philosophy, sociology, psychology, and economics of education today,
ENROLL IN ED: 97.  Go to 112 after school to find out more.

Senior / Junior Section

1. Seniors!  Put your UC essays to work while you wait to hear from
colleges.  Last year the College and Career Center published a collection
of College Admission Essays (in a book called True Admissions) as a fund
raiser to help future BHS students.  We have earned close to $7,000 and
are now working on a second edition of the book.  This time we want to put
more emphasis on the complete UC package (three questions, 1,000 words).
Please consider submitting your essays for consideration.  We need your
essays NOW but the book will not come out until long after you hear from
colleges.  Think of submitting your essays for consideration.  We need
your essays NOW but the book will not come out until long after you hear
from colleges.  Think of submitting your essays as good karma while you
wait to hear.  Send your submissions electronically to Janet Huseby at [
mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net ]jhuseby at pacbell.net or you may deliver a hard
copy to the College/ Career Center.

2. Seniors - if you applied to San Jose State and haven't done so
already, you must turn in a Transcript Request Form to Ms. Mellion in
D173, along with a stamped envelope addressed to San Jose State, so
that she can send your first semester grades to the school.  They have
just initiated this requirement.

3. DATE CHANGE - Are you interested in studying abroad during the
summer of for a semester?  Intrax Study Abroad offers 45 cultural
programs in 17 different countries.  Come to the presentation on
Wednesday, February 14 at lunchtime in Conference Room B.  For more
information, go to  http://www.intraxstudyabroad.com/

4. Volunteers needed - The Over 60 Clinic at Sacramento and Alcatraz
is looking for student volunteers to help in their medical records
department after school.  Please call 428-4524 and speak with Mary Ann
Hegeman.

5. FAFSA Financial Aid Workshops - please sign up in D221 to attend.
Then you can fill out the requested information and know what your
questions are.  The dates for the workshops are:
Tuesday, February 20, 3:30 pm
Wednesday, February 21, 7:30 pm
Monday, February 26, 3:30 pm
Tuesday, February 27, 7:30 am
Wednesday, February 28, 3:30 pm

Events/ Performance

1. Do you know how much trash is produced each day at BHS?  How much
of that trash could be recycled?  How much does BHS pay for trash?
Come find out the answers to these questions and more at the garbage
pile Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Sales

1. Class of 2007 - Senior spellout pictures are still available.  $5
each. Come to D148 and pick up one.

2. Prices are $80.00 for yearbooks. Please purchase your yearbooks in
H102 each day. Financial Assistance is also available to those who
qualify see Mr. Knight during 7th in H102 to apply.