[BHS etree] ADMIN: Exit exam / new venue / volunteers STILL needed & INSTRUCTIONS / Late start day / background info

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sat Feb 3 10:34:58 PST 2007

Contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. The Venue has been changed for the Exit Exam. The California High School
Exit Exam (CAHSEE) will be given on Tuesday, February 6th and Wednesday,
February 7th to all tenth graders. Students should report to  the Old Gym on
Milvia Street at 7:30 a.m.~EACH day where they will be given instructions of
where they are assigned to take the test, either in the Jacket Gym or
Donahue Gym. (Math will be given one day, English the other.)

2. Because of the venue change, we need a few more volunteers especially for
Tuesday morning 7:15-8:30.  If you can help then or any other time over the
two day period, please contact Janet Huseby at jhuseby at pacbell.net . If you
have already volunteered, and are wondering where to do: I will be at a
table in front of the old gym from 7 to 7:30 and from 8:30 to nine.  Please
come sign in and get your assignments.  If you are coming at noon, I will be
in the Jacket Gym.  Janet

3. Next Wednesday, Feb. 7 is a LATE START DAY for everyone except the 10th
graders.~ All sophomores must report to the Old Gym (entrance on Milvia)~
for instructions.  They will take the test in the same place they took it on
Tuesday at 7:30 for the second part of the exit exam.~

Repeat information on both items:

1. EXIT EXAM
*All students must take the two day test in order to graduate from high
school in California.
*When students arrive at the old gym there will be signs telling them where
to go, and volunteers to help check them in.
*Students should bring Number 2 pencils, a photo I.d., a jacket to stay
warm, and a book to read if they finish one of the sections early.
*Calculators and scratch paper are not allowed.
*This is an untimed test; it usually takes only 2 to 3 hours, but students
have the regular school day to take it.
*When they finish the test students will go to their class already in
progress.
 *The Food Court will be opened a half hour earlier for breakfast and stay
open an hour longer so that students may eat lunch.  Students will not be
allowed off campus after our regular lunch period.

2. LATE START DAY
During the late start day the faculty will meet to discuss the Advisory Plan
Proposal which  will be voted on February 13 by the School Governance
Council. Under the proposal, students would meet with a faculty member or
administrator on a regular basis for counseling, scheduling guidance,
college planning, study habits, conflict resolution, etc.  For the complete
proposal, please visit the PTSA website at
http://bhs.berkeleypta.org/index.htm