[BHS etree] SUPT: Berkeley Public Education Foundation: Changes

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Jan 30 10:32:35 PST 2007

This message is from Trina Ostrander, Executive Director of the
Berkeley Public Education Foundation:

To:	Friends and Colleagues in Berkeley's Public Schools

Last week, I informed the Board of Directors of the Berkeley Public
Education Foundation that I have decided to resign as Executive
Director, effective February 7.

I have been with the Foundation for more than 13 years, and it has
been the most gratifying job I could ever hope for. The support of our
community for our public schools, for the democratic concept of public
education in general, and specifically for the inspired work that you
all do has made my job very easy, and very exciting every day.

I plan to take a brief vacation, and upon my return to find some new
ways to devote my energies to our community. I hope those new ways
will allow me to continue working with many of you. Together, as "a
community committed to its schools," we have accomplished great things
even in a time of tremendous stress on our educational system. There's
a lot more to do, and I hope in some way to be a part of it.

In sum, it's been a huge honor to work with all of you. Please call on
me if there's any way I can be useful.

Trina Ostrander, Executive Director
Berkeley Public Education Foundation
510.644-6244