[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Delivering Directories and the Front Desk

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Oct 27 09:27:52 PDT 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Janet Huseby
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net >

Below are some current volunteer needs.  As always, each opportunity
not only helps the school but offers insight into how our school
operates.

1. Next week the PTSA directory deliveries will begin during 2nd
period on Wednesday, November 1.  After the first delivery, batches
will be sent out on each of the following three Thursdays:  Nov. 9,
Nov. 16, and Nov. 23. We will need help from 9 to 10:30 on these four
days. If you can, please contact me at jhuseby at pacbell.net
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>  The directories will be bagged and put
on a cart.  We will then drop them off by hall in classrooms.  A
unique chance to walk the halls and be first to have a directory!

The directory is an impressive information document.  It contains not
only contact information for the students (who handed in release
forms), but contact information on teachers, administrators, tutoring
help, school resources.  Each child in the school will receive a copy
of the directory during 2nd period at some point over the next four
weeks.  We will post on the etree each delivery day the halls which
received the directory so you can be sure to ask you child to show
you the document. (That is, if you are not at school helping with
delivery.)

2. The Famous Front Desk has openings.  The inevitable shake down has
taken place and we now have openings for the following four shifts:

Wednesday
8:30 - 10
1 p.m. - 2 p.m.

Thursday
11:30 - 1 p.m.
2 - 3:30

The Front Desk is a wonderful place to be.  You will greet visitors,
direct them on their way, do small office jobs in spare moments while
earning the gratitude of administrators and the staff AND at the same
time, you will learn who's who and what's up at BHS from an insider's
seat.  We work at having two people per shift so there is both
companionship and flexibility if you can not make a day.  If
interested, please contact me at jhuseby at pacbell.net

3. And finally, a thank you to the intrepid Spirit Week volunteers.
It was a lively and, no doubt about it, SPIRITED.  Every day at lunch
two or three adult volunteers wandered the courtyard to help out as
adult presences and 14 of you showed to help direct traffic at the
awesome Berkeley High Spirit Rally itself.   Thank you!