[BHS etree] ADMIN: URGENT Call for AP Exam Proctors (Correction)

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Apr 24 21:09:57 PDT 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact: Janet Huseby, BHS Volunteer
Coordinator   jhuseby at pacbell.net

I have just been told that the last request for help on the AP exams
went out with  incorrect contact information (wrong email).  Above is
my correct email address and below is the original request.  Thank you
to the people who have already volunteered but, in truth, at this point
I have not yet covered even one day.  If you have a child taking an AP
test, please do your best to proctor another one.  Roughly 680 students
are taking 1,580 tests!  That is is enormous number and can not happen
without your help!
Janet

1. The Advanced Placement tests will begin Monday, May 1.  Berkeley
High is committed to offering as many AP courses (and tests) as
possible. However, it can only do so with community support.  For every
50 students taking an exam, one proctor is needed.  In addition, a
number of students have been granted extended time. Proctors are needed
to sit with these students as they complete their tests.  If you have a
child taking an AP exam, please do your best to proctor another exam.
And, if you have a child with extended time, please consider proctoring
another child's extended time.  I have arranged parking passes for
volunteers who need them.

2.BELOW IS A TRUNCATED AP EXAM SCHEDULE.  NOT ALL EXAMS ARE LISTED ON
THIS CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS.
  If an exam is not listed below it is because the number of students
taking the exam is less than 50 and the paid administrator will be
proctoring the exam.  For a complete schedule, please go to the College
Board's website:
http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/cal.html

3. The test begins at 8 a.m. for morning sessions and noon forafternoon
sessions. We are asking volunteers to report at 7:20 a.m. for the
morning and 11:30 for the afternoon sessions.  I will let you know
WHERE the exam will take place next week. Students with extended time
are allowed 50% more time, so a three hour test can last 4 and a half
hours for them. I have marked exams with a student doing extended time
as ET.  Please let Janet Huseby <jhuseby at pacbell.net> know which AP
exams you can proctor and if you need a parking pass for that day.

THANK YOU!

Volunteers' AP Exam Calendar

Monday, May 1
7:20 a.m.  English Language:  3 proctors plus 1 ET proctor
11:30 a.m. French Language:  1 proctor

Tuesday, May 2
7:20 a.m.  Spanish Language:  2 proctors
11:30 a.m. Statistics:  1-2 proctors plus 1 ET proctor

Wednesday, May 3
7:20 a.m.  Calculus AB:  3 proctors

Thursday, May 4
7:20 a.m.  English Literature:  2 proctors

Friday, May 5
7:20  a.m.  U.S. History:  3 proctors plus 1 ET proctor
11:30 a.m.  Studio Art :  1 ET proctor

Monday, May 8
7:20  a.m.  Biology*:  2-3 proctors plus 1 ET proctor
11:30 a.m.  Physics:  1 proctor

Tuesday, May 9
7:20 a.m.  US Government & Politics:  3 proctors

Wednesday, May 10
7:20 a.m.  Chemistry:  2 proctors
7:20 a.m.  Environmental Science:  1-2 proctors plus 1ET

Thursday, May 11
7:20  a.m. Economics:  3 proctors plus one  ET

Friday, May 12
11:30 a.m.  Latin:  1 proctor