[BHS etree] ETREE: Open/Closed Derby Street Meetings on Sports Fields

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Mar 21 14:49:41 PST 2006

Note from the etree: An earlier message regarding sports fields at
Derby street was posted from the supporters of the "closed Derby
Street option" for the sports fields.  We apologize that this one
slipped past us, as our guidelines require that the etree maintain a
neutral position, posting information-only announcements, rather than
controversial or opinion-based messages.

In the interest of balanced announcements on this topic, Nigel Robson
at <mailto:info at keepderbyopen.org> would like etree subscribers to
know that there are those who oppose the open Derby option for cost
and expediency reasons.  You can find out more about this viewpoint at
www.keepderbyopen.org.

Two city council meetings are scheduled to (1) hear comments and (2)
vote on funds for an EIR.  Plan to attend,  if you are interested:

Tuesday, March 21, 6:45 pm - You pick up cards if you want to speak
during the Public Comment period, and cards are set aside for children
to speak as well.

Tuesday, April 18, 6:45 pm - This is the night the Council is
scheduled to vote on funds for an environmental study of closing Derby
Street.  Also, this is a special Youth Night set aside especially for
young people to participate in city government--to speak and be
heard--a great opportunity for our kids to talk about how they need
more playing fields NOW.

CITY COUNCIL EMAIL ADDRESSES:

mayor at ci.berkeley.ca.us; lmaio at ci.berkeley.ca.us;
dmoore at ci.berkeley.ca.us; manderson at ci.berkeley.ca.us;