[BHS etree] SOPHOMORES AND VOLUNTEERS: Exit exam information

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Feb 6 18:45:08 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact:  Janet Huseby,  jhuseby at pacbell.net

Tomorrow, Feb, 7th and Wednesday, Feb, 8,  the California High School
Exit Exam (CAHSEE) will be offered to all tenth graders.  They must
take this two-day test in order to graduate from high school in
California.

Students must arrive at the Old Gym on Milvia Street at 7:30 a.m.
each day.  There will be signs telling them where to go, and
volunteers to help check them in.  They should bring Number 2
pencils, a photo I.d., and a book to read if they finish one of the
sections early.  Calculators and scratch paper are not allowed.

This is an untimed test; it usually takes only 2 to 3 hours, but
students have the regular school day to take it. When they finish the
test they will go to their class already in progress.

The Food Court will stay open an hour longer so that students may eat
lunch.  Students will not be allowed off campus after our regular
lunch period.

Juniors who have not taken the test or have not passed it, will take
the make-up CAHSEE on March 21 and March 22.

VOLUNTEERS! First, thank you to the dozens and dozens of you who have
kindly and generously agreed to help with the test.  I have my
fingers crossed that we have the right numbers.  Please come to the
Old Gym, 2nd floor and look for the "command post." I will see you
there.

Janet Huseby