[BHS etree] BHS SCRIP: THANK-YOU!... and a challenge

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 18 10:35:40 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Linda Safarik-Tong, 524-5544 or
bhs_scrip at yahoo.com

A great big thank-you is due to all of you who purchased scrip in
November and December.  We did a whopping business - over $8,000 in
Peet's cards alone!  (I felt like I was a Peet's rep for a couple
weeks!)  We sold over $13,500 in "extra" scrip during those weeks.

Now the challenge:  For those of you who frequent Berkeley Bowl,
Peet's, participating Solano Avenue Merchants (see below), and/or
Five Star Video, please consider signing up for regular monthly
deliveries.  Volunteers deliver the coupons/cards to your home during
the first week of every month.  THIS IS EASY TO DO AND EASY MONEY FOR
BHS.

Currently,  75 households are signed up and several of these no
longer have students at BHS - they continue to support the school
because they're good folks and we make it so easy!  Our goal is to
reach a regular monthly subscription base of $22,000 a month.
(Currently we're just under $19,000)  So....contact Linda, above, for
more information.  Here's the low down on the types of scrip you can
order:

*Peet's cards come in $20 and $50 denominations.  Peet's donates 10%
of our sales.

*Berkeley Bowl comes in $20's and they donate 4%.

*Five Star Video comes in $20's and they donate 20%

*Solano Avenue Association comes in $10's and they donate 8%.  Here
is the list of participating merchants:

Food:  Boran Thai Restaurant, Cactus Taqueria, Cugini Pasta and
Wood-Fired Pizza, Gordo Taqueria, Khana Peena Indian Cuisine, Dominos
Pizza, PriPri Cafe, Lao/Thai/Soul Food Kitchen, China Village, A.G.
Ferrari Foods, Andronico's Market

Stores:  By Hand, Ideas 4 Elements (both shoe store and clothing
store), Sarbers Cameras, Solano Jewlers, Violet, What the Traveller
Saw, High Cotton, Sue Johnson Custom Lamps, Wataya Fine Futons and
Gifts, Harmonique Home, Papillon Home, Albany Video Service, Five
Little Monkeys, Hannah's Children Resale, Albany Cabinets and Design

Health:  Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy, Spa de Esperanza, Vara
Healing Arts, Innate Chiropractic