[BHS etree] WRITER-COACH CONNECTION: Parents--Be a Writing Coach in 2006!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 4 13:38:51 PST 2006

Please do not hit reply, contact Lynn Mueller,
<mailto:writercoachconnect at yahoo.com>

Parents -- Be a Writing Coach in 2006!

Make a difference for students at Berkeley High--become a writing
coach in 2006.  For a commitment of only 1 or 2 hours per week, you
can help students master critical thinking and writing skills--skills
that will last a lifetime.  WriterCoach Connection pairs trained
volunteers with BHS students to help them develop their ideas,
improve their writing, complete assignments, and succeed.

Coaches commit to a regular, 1 to 2-hour per week assignment and meet
each week during the school day to work one-on-one with students in
their English/history classes.  Register today for training and join
100 other dedicated volunteer writing coaches at BHS.  "This is the
most satisfying work I've done in the Berkeley Schools," says one
volunteer about WriterCoach Connection (WCC).

You don't need to be a writer or a teacher. Learn the step-by-step
methods to coach students--including your own--at one of our February
training sessions:

Session B:   Wednesdays     2/8 & 2/15       6:30-9:30 PM
Session C:   Tuesdays       2/21 & 2/28      6:30-9:30 PM

For more info or to register: www.writercoachconnection.org (go to
"Volunteer"). Or contact: writercoachconnect at yahoo.com, Lynn Mueller,
510-524-2319