[BHS etree] SPORTS: Parents of Athletes - Ways you can help

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Nov 9 11:59:42 PST 2005

Contact: Mary Kay Murlas  510-866-9050
         murlas at sbcglobal.net

The fall season is wrapping up and winter season sports have just
started.  There are lots of ways you can support your student
athletes and coaches.

Remember, since BAF is providing $20,000 in financial support for the
cuts this year, we are unable to give team grants as we did in the
past...from tournament fees to uniforms.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to
hearing from you.

1. Berkeley Athletic Fund (BAF) Meeting
   Monday 11/14 7:15 pm  AD Office
   Come to our monthly general meeting in the Athletic
   Director Office.  We get updates from the AD,
   review team grant requests, track fund raising
   activites and in general have a good time!

2. Silent Auction Items for our March Luncheon
   Our 8th annual Celebrity Waiter Luncheon is
   March 14, 2006.  We are soliciting silent auction
   items and need some phone calling help to follow up
   with our donors.  Contact Carla Radosta at
   cmradosta1 at earthlink.net if you are able to help.

3. Celebrity Waiter Luncheon volunteer support
   We are cranking away with the luncheon plans, but
   we need help with the following starting in
   January 2006.
   a. Ticket sales
   b. Table sales
   c. Volunteer helpers for the luncheon (3/14)
   d....

4. Concession stands for sporting events
   This is a fun way to make money for your team.  If
   are interested in, we can get you set up and
   running.  Contact MK Murlas

5. Parking lot staffing
   When teams staff the BHS parking lot on Friday
   and Saturday night, the team immediately get 50%
   of the proceeds and 40% goes into the parking lot
   fund that gets divided up between all of the teams
   that staffed the lot during the year.  So if you
   team does not get to staff a Cal football game day,
   you still receive some of the revenues.  Contact
   Catherine Varneau to sign up.

6. Spring sports calendar ad sales
   This is another way to raise money.  75% of each ad
   that you sell for your tems goes directly to the
   team.  You can find the details at:

7. Program ad sales
   We have a beautiful  program cover for this school
   year.  Your team can still sell ads for the insert
   that is team specific.  blah blah

8. eScrip signup
   The BHS Development Group is giving BAF 25% of all
   funds raised through eScrip.  If you are not signed
   up, now is a painless way to give back to BHS and
   athletics all year long.  You can sign up at:
   (give details)

9. Selling wearables on Fridays
   Our wearables are now located in the BHS Athletic
   office.  We need volunteers to sell the wearables
   on Fridays, after school, 3:15 - 3:45 or so.  The
   following dates are available for this year:
   11/18    12/2    12/9   12/16

Mary Kay (MK) Murlas
murlas at sbcglobal.net      510-866-9050