[BHS etree] REMINDER: City of Berkeley Diversity Day - Oct. 11

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Oct 10 11:10:38 PDT 2005

ETREE note: This information was originally posted on the etree by
the BHS Parent Resource Center.  The reminder comes from Rio Bauce, a
BHS student and an intern in City Councilmember Kriss Worthington's
office, working on various youth and city issues.

Contact: Rio Bauce, Willard2008 at aol.com

Berkeley's DIVERSITY DAY meets

TUESDAY, October 11, 2005
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS
2134 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way,

6 p.m. Refreshments and socializing
7 p.m. Main Program

Do ageism, racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, anti-GLBT, anti-immigrant
realities exist in our very own wonderful City of Berkeley? How can
Berkeley better reflect the needs and concerns of Asian/Pacific
Islanders, Latinos, African Americans, and people of all races?

How can Berkeley better reflect the needs and concerns of seniors,
youth, and the disability community? Do city contracts, hiring, and
commission appointments reflect the diversity of the people of
Berkeley? We do not want to call people names or just have a gripe
session.

Our goal is to ask thoughtful questions and stimulate constructive
discussions with a special focus on practical ACTION for being
inclusive of everyone."