[BHS etree] MISC: Berkeley Youth Commission

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Sep 19 13:25:37 PDT 2005

DO NOT HIT 'REPLY' to respond to this message.
Please direct your email to the contact person for this message:
Rio Bauce, Willard2008 at aol.com

Calling All Students! Berkeley Youth Commission

Are you interested in politics? Do you want to be a part of local
change? Are you interested in taking part in an extra-curricular
activity for college or just for enjoyment?

Then, join the Berkeley Youth Commission. The Youth Commission is a
body of citizens that advises the Berkeley City Council on issues
affecting youth.

As the Chair of the Youth Commission, I am trying to get a number of
applications delivered to the Councilmembers and the School Board
because we have so many open positions. Last meeting, we did not even
have enough members to make any decision or action. Please consider
applying for a position.

Desirable criteria:
*members must be residents of the city, between the ages of 12-25
*at least half must be junior or high school students

Pick up your application at the City Clerk's office at 2180 Milvia
(near Berkeley High) or download the application at:
http://www.cityofberkeley.info/commissions/forms/app-general2.pdf

Please mail completed applications to the City Clerk's Office and to
the Berkeley School's public information officer at:
mailto:mark_coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us