[BHS etree] MISC: United Nations International Day of Peace Celebration

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Sep 7 10:25:42 PDT 2005

Contact: Rio Bauce, baucer at gmail.com or 981-7170.

Berkeley High sophomore and city council intern Rio Bauce is
participating in the organization of the UNITED NATIONS INTERNATIONAL
DAY OF PEACE CELEBRATION (an event sponsored by The City of Berkeley,
East Bay Gray Panthers, The United Nations Association-USA, East Bay
Chapter, and many others). Confirmed speakers at the event include:
Alameda County Supervisor Keith Carson, Berkeley Mayor Tom Bates, and
Assemblywoman Loni Hancock.

WHAT: The International Day of Peace provides an opportunity for
individuals, organizations and nations to create practical acts of
Peace on a shared date.

WHEN: Wednesday, September 21st from 4-8 PM

WHERE: Civic Center Park (Martin Luther King Jr. Way at Center St.),
adjacent to City Hall Berkeley, CA

WHY: To mark our individual and collective progress toward building
Cultures of Peace, and serve as a reminder of our permanent
commitment to Peace, above all interests and differences of any kind.

Please do your part to attend and spread the word.

For more information and for a flyer to distribute to friends, and
around town, please contact Rio at the phone and address above.