[BHS etree] TUTORING: Mentoring for Academic Success program; begins 9/12

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Sep 6 11:13:53 PDT 2005

Contact: Matt Ellsworth [mailto:matt at mionline.org]

Mentoring for Academic Success (MAS), a program of the Multicultural
Institute, provides small-group and individual academic tutoring at
several Berkeley sites. We will begin our fall tutoring schedule on
September 12. All students attending Berkeley schools are eligible to
participate in MAS, and all MAS services are free of cost to
participants and their families.

Some space is still available at Berkeley High School, where we work
with 9th through 12th graders on Mondays and Wednesdays from
3:15-5:15.

And newly available: The MAS program welcomes BHS students who need
to complete volunteer service hours to assist with tutoring at our
Thousand Oaks Elementary School site, Monday-Thursday, 3:30-5:00.

To register students, or discuss volunteer tutoring, contact program
director Matt Ellsworth by phone: 510-848-4075x13, or via e-mail:
matt at mionline.org.

More information about MAS is available on our website:
http://mionline.org/article.php?list=type&type=12