[BHS etree] ADMIN: Orientation. Thank you volunteers / more coming next week!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Aug 26 08:53:18 PDT 2005

contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Orientation Week came to a successful finale on Thursday as over 700
freshmen showed up for tours and pictures.  Freshmen attendance was great.
The Seniors were a little more lackadaisical, Sophmores and Juniors in
between--either they didn't receive their packets (a possibility) and didn't
know about orientation, or were out of town,  or they are waiting for the
next minute.  We expect a crowd for the make up days on Tuesday and before
school on Wednesday.  On Wednesday we have told students they could come
pick up their schedules starting at 7:30 in the morning. But I am expecting
the crowd to show up between 8 and 8:30.

A number of you offered to help at that early hour but I did not get
everyone's name down properly. I'm sorry. If you can come in at 7:45, on
Wednesday, please let me know. If you volunteered for Tuesday and later in
the day on Wednesday, I would also appreciate a confirmation email.  I'm
sorry again for not keeping better track.   Unfortunately, there will be no
school parking but at that time it is usually very easy to find two hour
parking on the street.  An especially good stretch of free parking in on MKL
near the football field.

Many people talk about our excellent BHS programs, our amazing kids, our
outstanding staff. All true-- but it is our BHS families-- parents,
grandparents, brothers and sisters--and alumni parents and community members
that leave me in awe.  You are the best. You sorted forms, alphabetized
emergency cards, made up last minute replacement packets, handed out
schedules, laminated ID cards, sold organizers and PE uniforms, practiced
crowd control and greeted our students with kind attention.

I tried to keep track of all the many volunteers who came through this week
but I know I missed some including those who dropped by with just a few
minutes to help and found themselves pitching in.  Below is attempt to
record everyone.  Please forgive me if I spelled your name incorrectly or,
worse, left you off the list...

Thank you to David Krasnor, Karen Schein, Polly Gaber, David Eakin, Claire
Eyges, Julie Waugh, Beth Summers, Jahlee Arakaki, Ellin Beer, Susie
Vanasour, Dharini Abeyseken, Laura Louis, Debbie Frisch, Corriene and
Danielle Tompkins (I hope I am spelling your name correctly), Marshall
Berzon, Madeleine Leullier, Polly Graber, Nancy Gordon, Fredda Damart, Diane
Belt, Liza Montfort, Jamila Nightingale, Nancy Yep, Kim Boston, Sandra
Seidlitz, Margaret Golden, Brenda Kahn, Julie Lind, Judy Salpeter, Jenny
Burroughts, Martha Moses, Anna McKenzie, Lynn Fraley, Vivian Chavez, Pauline
Mohr, Daniela Dammert (sp?), Paula Sheber, Judy Freeman, Linda Perry, Tom
Montgomery, Chendra Karwita, Mary Ford, Fran Wicker, Paula Shober, Sara
Kaplan, Jennifer Milliken, Linda Perry, Cathleen Malmstrom, Katie Silver,
Judi Newell, Phorest Bateson, Molly Fraker, Chris Gilbert, Joanne Backman.

>From the organizer, thank you to Jill Martinucci, Peggy Gibbons, Tom
Priestley, Peggy Gibbons, Vicky Elliot, Seth Schein, Linda Perry, Annie
Priestley, and Cathy Brown.

And not to forget PE uniform sales director Mary Kay Murlas whose crew was
around the corner and as such I didn't see so their names will be in a
subsequent posting.

Take care,
Janet

Janet Huseby