[BHS etree] COMPREHENSIVE (LARGE) SCHOOL: Parent Organizing Meeting Thursday, July 14

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Jul 10 16:01:22 PDT 2005

contact: Mary Kay Murlas, murlas at sbcglobal.net
         510-866-9050.

Parents of BHS Comprehensive School Students -

We will be holding our first planning meeting on
Thursday, July 14th, 7:00 pm.  Our goals are to set up
initial groups to work on specific tasks before school
starts and to support the positive aspects of the
Comprehensive School.

Please let me know if you can come so that we are
prepared with the right number of handouts.

Groups:
   1. Get parent representatives on school committees,
      including BSEP, School Site, Shared Goverance.
      Representatives will be selected (voted) at the
      Sept 8th PTA meeting.
   2. Develop a BHS student service resources guide
      for parents and students.  It will have a list
      of services for students from homework centers
      to clubs.
   3. Develop an all school directory
   4. Work with the PTSA and BHS to host freshman
      orientations and roundtable information sessions
      in August and September.

Meeting Details:
Thursday, July 14, 7:00 pm
at Janet Huseby's house, 690 San Luis Road
(tel. 527-1130) There is plenty of parking on San Luis
between Indian Rock and Northampton. The house is just
north of Northampton.

RSVP Mary Kay Murlas, murlas at sbcglobal.net or
510-866-9050.