[BHS etree] CLUBS: Youth Rights Rally on Tuesday

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Jul 10 12:20:55 PDT 2005

contact:   Rio Bauce, 510-841-5420

Hello All:

On Tuesday, July 12th, Berkeley teenagers will hold a rally in front of
Berkeley BART at Center + Shattuck in support of a ballot amendment to allow
17 year olds to vote in school board elections in Berkeley. This is a great
chance to get your child involved in politics and for them to appear in the
newspaper.

I personally would like to invite all of you to attend. We will have signs
and will be waving to passing cars. We are inviting members of the press and
encourage all to attend.

Please consider coming to this effort. The more people that come, the more
successful the protest will be. If you believe in democracy, this is the
rally for you and your family to attend.

Where: Center + Shattuck St. in front of Berkeley BART
When: Tuesday, July 12th Meet there at 12:45. Rally starts at 1:00.
Why: To rally in support of youth rights (specifically in support of the
ballot amendment)

Please pass this on to anyone who may be interested. If you can come, please
contact me at the above address or just show up!

Rio Bauce
NYRA-Berkeley Chairman and Legislaive Liaison