[BHS etree] PARENT RESOURCE CENTER: 5th Annual Parent Volunteer/Teacher AppreciationDinner, Regional Forum, and Picnic

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Apr 21 13:34:11 PDT 2005

contact:  Irma Parker [mailto:iparker at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

1.Regional Forum on the Crisis in Public Education
Parents, Youth, Teachers & Community members, Speak out and take action!
Saturday, May 21, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Lake Merritt United
Methodist Church, 1330 Lakeshore Ave - just blocks from Lake Merritt BART

State budgets cuts and federal No Child Left Behind sanctions have
devastated Bay Area public schools.  Cuts have been made in Art, Music and
Sports programs.There are teacher layoffs, libraries closed, and
neighborhoold school shut down. It's time for ACTION!

Come out and hear: successful community strategies for school reform; Speak
out to local and state elected officials & school
administrators; Build an action platform for education equity in our public
schools

Free! On-site child care, breakfast & refressments, Spanish translation
(Advanced registration required - Deadline, May 16th)
For more information, contact Melia Franklin, at (510) 531-7526 Email
info at parentactionnet.org

2. Attention Parents and BHS staff, The Parent Resorce Center will host its
5th Annual Parent Volunteer/Teacher Appreciation Dinner on Saturday, May 28,
2005 from 6:30 - 9:00 pm in the Berkeley High School Rotunda.  Last year
there were 100 persons in attendance. This year in our effort to continue
reaching out to parents, BHS staff and community members we hope to expand
our outreach to include 120 persons.  We would like to extend invitations to
50 parents for this event.  The event is free of charge and includes a
complete dinner and program.  If you are interested in attending please RSVP
to the Parent Resource Center by May 13, 2005 at (510) 644-8524 from 9 am to
3 p.m. daily.

The attire this year will be semi-formal.

Thanks,
BHS Parent Center Staff

3. And don't forget the First Annual Family Day Picnic on the BHS Campus
Green, Saturday, April 30 from 11 to 3.  We are counting on seeing you
there!