[BHS etree] PARENT RESOURCE CENTER: Parent help needed for Family Picnic Day April 30

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Apr 20 20:44:55 PDT 2005

contact: Irma Parker irma_parker at berkeley.k12.ca.us

The Parent Resource Center is looking for parents who are interested in
helping with Berkeley High's first annual Family Day Picnic on Saturday,
April 30th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.  Think root beer floats, a staff versus
student basketball game, music, a chance to talk to your friends and meet
the principal, a jumper for little kids, and straight from "The Price is
Right"--Plinko. You pack your picnic baskets. Drinks and ice cream will be
provided.

Berkeley High is at an important juncture.  Next year we are launching into
four small school, the comprehensive school, and a program within that. We
are excited at the prospect, but at the same time, we do not want to forget
that we are all part of one grand 121-year-old high school serving the whole
city.  There are important traditions that have held our school together for
decades and will continue to reach across lines: sports teams, Spirit Week,
the Junior Prom and Senior Ball, and our wonderful, exhilarating graduation
in the Greek Theater.  We hope the Family Day Picnic will take its place
among these important traditions binding our community together.  Please
come help us launch the first Annual!

If you can help, contact Irma Parker from the Parent Resource Center
Irma_Parker at berkeley.k12.ca.us

And, even if you can't help, please plan on attending and bring your family
with you.