[BHS etree] ADMIN: School Board approves AHA and Academic Choice

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Feb 17 12:23:00 PST 2005

Congratulations to the Arts and Humanities Academy and the Academic Choice
Design Teams for their excellent work and committed effort to build
programs built on their vision that led to School Board approval of their
proposals at the meeting last evening (really this morning!).  Both of
these teams have been working extraordinarily hard to develop their
proposals and their efforts have paid off in our ability to offer these
new choices to our students.

This is an exciting time for Berkeley High School as we move into the
implementation phase.  There will be many issues and barriers that we will
need to confront together in this change process.  As we move forward, it
is helpful to know that we have the support from the community and the
kind of leadership from the design teams that was evident at the Board
meeting last night.

Jim Slemp, principal