[BHS etree] DEVELOPMENT GROUP: Food, Fun and Fundraising for Berkeley High

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Feb 2 20:56:23 PST 2005

contact: Helen Walker [helenwalker at comcast.net]

 The Fundraising committee of the Berkeley High School Development Group has
decided to focus on raising money and building community through activities
associated with food, cooking, restaurants since we live in one of the great
food capitals of the world. We have several ideas that we would like to
implement but need help with these projects in the following ways:
  1.. If you are involved in the food etc. business, please give Helen
Walker at 510-845-4948 a call to brainstorm on any way your business might
help. We have thought of doing restaurant nights at Berkeley restaurants
where the proceeds go to the High School, wine tastings, cheese tastings,
demos by chefs, bakers, cookbooks etc.
  2.. Volunteer to help in what will most likely be the most fun and
satisfying fundraising activity you will ever be involved in. We are
planning on a meeting on February 16th    (location to be announced) and
hope to have several volunteers at that time.
Our first activity is already in the planning stages and we need help.  It
will be a chocolate cooking class at Sur La Table, taught by Berkeley High
parent and very famous chocolatier, Alice Medrich.  We need help with this
so please call Helen Walker at 845-4948, if you can come to the meeting on
the 16th  and help to get this organized and learn more about chocolate at
the same time.

Please don't forget the Development Group raises funds to help teachers and
students with activities that are not funded by the School District or BSEP.
With the talk of all the budget cuts to schools in California, we need to
raise money. Please volunteer.

Helen

Helen Walker  / Thornwall Properties, Inc.  / 510-848-1950 office  /
510-207-2968 cell  / helenwalker at comcast.net

t Huseby and Kathryn Capps are the facilitators of the etree; please direct
any questions or concerns to them at <bhs-owner at idiom.com>

the subject line: subscribe.