[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 12/15/04

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Dec 14 19:54:00 PST 2004

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
December 15, 2004
Contact:  Belinda McDaniel  bmcdaniel at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Administration

1.    Parents: we can no longer call the classrooms to give students
messages.  You must take care of this before or after school.  We have too
many classroom interruptions. We are trying to create a learning environment
for our students.  Please understand this is causing too much disruption in
the classrooms.

2.    The College/ Career Center will be closed TODAY from 12:30 to 2:00
p.m. Proctors should go to the Library.

3.    PSAT scores have arrived.  You may pick them up in the College Center
at lunch and after 6th period ONLY.

4.    CONGRATULATIONS to the BHS Jazz Ensemble for winning their Division
(heavy) at the 3rd Annual Redwood Empire Jazz Festival held in Santa Rosa,
CA at Santa Rosa Junior College on Saturday, December 11, 2004.
Congratulations also to Danny Lubin-Laden, Julian Pollack, and Andy Baltazar
for winning individual awards for outstanding musicianship.

Clubs
1.    Quiz Bowl meeting: Practice today at lunch in C316.  Hope to see
you there!

2.    Come to the GSA today!  We will eat pizza and discuss fieldtrips and
such.  Meetings are at lunch in H208.

Sports
1.    All Boy's LaCrosse players interested in playing this spring should
come to an informational meeting in the Old Gym M202 at 3:30 p.m. on
Thursday,
12/16.

Senior Section
1.    What's up with College: A Reality Check. Come hear the true story
about going to college.  Recent Berkeley High graduates will be here January
6th at 7:00 p.m. in the College and Career Center to tell their personal
stories about their college experiences.  There will be an informal
discussion with students from a wide range of schools, large and small, near
and far.  Mark your calendar for January 6, the first week after winter
break.  This should be a lively and informative evening.  The event is open
to all students and sponsored by Academic Choice.

Events/ Performance
1.    Black and White Winter Ball  (semi-formal) on January 28th at Zazoo's
Restaurant (15 Embarcadero West in Oakland).  Winter Ball tickets are on
sale for $25 at lunch in the Community Theater box office on Tuesday,
Thursday, and Friday.

2.    The BHS Choir is having their annual Winter Concert on Wednesday,
December 15 at 7:30 p.m. in the Little Theater. Please join them to hear
holiday music and more!  Admission is free and refreshments will be
available after the performance.

3.    Afro-Haitian performance on Thursday, December 16, at 7:00 p.m. in the
Community Theater.  Tickets are $7 for adults, $5 for students with ID, and
$3 for senior citizens and children under 12.

4.    CAS Presents: BHS Poetry Slam!  Wednesday, December 15th.  Slam begins
at 7:00 pm in G210.  $1 donation at door will cover prize.  Sign up
to read at 6:30 pm and have two poems ready in case you make Round 2.

5.    The Jazz Lab Band concert on Friday, December 17, at 7:30 p.m. in the
Little Theater.

6.    It has begun:  Vagina Monologues auditions will take place this
Thursday and Friday.  There will be additional audition times and dates if
necessary.  Girls: you need two pieces -- preferably from memory: one
humorous; one serious.  Sign up sheets are in the A Building.  Boys are
greatly appreciated but cannot perform in the show.  Come to the radio
studio from 3:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.

Sales
1.    Yearbooks are on sale for $60.00.  Go to H102 before school or at
lunch.

2.    2005 Calendars only $5.00:  LAST DAY OF SALE SATURDAY MORNING The
fundraising calendar sales, for the CAS video program at BHS, end this
Saturday (December 18).  We are selling beautiful 2005 wall, engagement and
a page-a day calendars for only $5.00 each.  These are the same calendars
that currently sell for $12.00 to $18.00.  Where:  2310 Valley St
Berkeley.  This is 3 blocks west of Sacramento St off Channing Way.  Rain or
shine!  11:00 am until 1:00 pm.

3.    BHS Wearables for sale at lunchtime, Thursday 12/16 and Friday 12/17
in the Quad.