[BHS etree] MISC: Holiday Meal Thank You

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Dec 13 18:32:40 PST 2004

CONTACT: Ivery McKnight-Johnson [mailto:imcknight at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

A most grateful THANK YOU to the many people who helped make the Berkeley
Holiday Meal a success. We served 275 members of the community. We had over
100 student volunteers throughout the day starting as early as 6:30 am. We
had parent volunteers all day who served, carved turkeys, cleaned, greeted,
and supervised. There were 12 turkeys and 6 hams donated by parents and
staff. We received over $800.00 in donations. Students raised almost 400.00
in donations through the BHS Penny Drive. There were 996 can collected
through the canned food drive, with the winning class contributing 360+
items. We received contributions from community businesses such as Acme
Bread, The Cheeseboard, Safeway on Rose St., Trader Joes of Emeryville, and
the Monterey Produce Market.

Thank you to everyone for your contributions and to the Leadership officers
who made the day such a success--specifically to Sonia Globerson-Lamb the
ASB Vice President who was responsible for contacting the community and
coordinating the event. Your efforts and contributions were much
appreciated!

Ivery McKnight
BHS Student Activities
510-644-8990