[BHS etree] SUPT: BUSD Audit Committee Needs Qualified Candidates

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Nov 19 15:40:39 PST 2004

CONTACT:  Mark Coplan [Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us]
The Berkeley Unified School District Board of Education
Is looking for candidates to fill three community positions on the newly
formed BUSD District Audit Committee.  *Qualified candidates are
encouraged to apply for a one or two year term. **

Note: This notice went out last May, but we only received two
applications, and we need to move forward with this important committee.
Please fax the application below to our office.

* The audit committee shall be comprised of five members; two board
members appointed by the board president, and three members of the
community whose skills are deemed sufficient by the Board to enable them
to carry out their duties effectively.
Appointment by the Board to the audit committee shall be in accordance
with Board Policy 9130 regarding advisory committees.
** Initially, two community members of the audit committee will be
appointed for two-year terms, and one community member will be appointed
for a one-year term.  Community members will be appointed to two-year
terms, thereafter.

The Office of the Superintendent is still accepting applications.  Please
fax the application below to  the superintendent’s office, drop it off, or
email it to: publicinfo at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Office of the Superintendent
					2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way
					Berkeley, ca 94704
					Fax: 510-540-5358
					publicinfo at berkeley.k12.ca.us

=======================

APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT TO
BERKELEY UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
BOARD ADVISORY COMMITTEES
AUDIT COMMITTEE

NAME:

RESIDENCE ADDRESS:
Street City Zip
EMAIL ADDRESS:____________________________________________________________

OCCUPATION/PROFESSION:

HOME PHONE: ____________________ BUSINESS PHONE: _________________
I have been a resident of Berkeley since: _________
(Response optional) Sex: Race (circle one): White Black Hispanic Asian
Native American
I am interested in being considered for appointment to the Audit Committee
and I understand and meet the requirements stated here:

List any qualifications (work experience, education, attributes and
training) which you feel would provide positive input to the work of the
committee and the reason why you are interested in being appointed:
___________________________________________________________ ____________
Please use another sheet of paper, if necessary.
The following individuals are qualified to comment on my capabilities:
NAME ADDRESS PHONE NO.

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320