[BHS etree] ADMIN: Exit Exam

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Nov 14 15:44:39 PST 2004

contact: jhuseby at pacbell.net

Below is a rerun of the plea I put out last week for volunteers to help
administer the makeup exit exam which will be offered Tuesday, November 16
and Wednesday, November 17.  so far, seven people have volunteered to help
on the 16th and four on the 17th.  We still need a few more willing souls to
help--especially on Wednesday.  We are asking volunteers to meet in the new
Jacket Gym by 7:15.  I have a few parking passes for those who need them.
Please let me know if you can help.  Janet
jhuseby at pacbell.net

The class of 2006 is the first class which is being required by state law to
take the California Exit Exam in order to graduate from high school.  On
Tuesday and Wednesday, November 16 and 17,  the school will be offering a
makeup Exit Exam for the approximately 250 juniors who need to take it. When
the exam was first offered in the spring, the entire class took it.  As a
result, the administration was able to use classroom teachers as monitors.
This round, students will be pulled out of class  and the administration
must seek volunteers to help administer the exam. It is in our community's
interest that all of our children at Berkeley High school pass the
California Exit Exam. As parent volunteers, we can make a difference by
ensuring that the exam is adequately staffed.

Vice Principal Rory Bled expects 250 students to take the exam this month. .
She would like up to 15 volunteers at all times from 7:15 am to noon on both
days.  I have arranged to have five temporary parking passes for volunteers
who can stay the whole morning. If you can volunteer for all or part of one
of the mornings, please contact me at jhuseby at pacbell.net. and let
me know when you can come in.

thank you very much,
Janet Huseby