[BHS etree] PTSA: School Board Candidates at BHS

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sun Oct 17 15:29:02 PDT 2004

contact: m_boucher at comcast.net

This Tuesday, Oct. 19 from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. the Berkeley High PTSA and
the League of Women Voters of Berkeley, Albany and Emeryville will be
co-sponsoring a School Board Candidates' Forum in the Little Theater on
Alston Way.   Five candidates are running for two seats; all five have said
they will attend. The candidates answer written questions submitted by the
audience. Bring your questions and something to write with; we'll supply the
3X5 cards.

In times like these, it never hurts to bring your check book to school
events. If you haven't yet paid PTSA dues for this year, we hope you will
take this opportunity to do so. Dues are $10 per family, but additional
contributions are greatly appreciated and both are tax-deductible. Help
support the organization that makes events like this Candidates' Forum and
services like the etree and newsletter possible. The Yes on B committee will
also have a representative on hand to accept tax-deductible contributions.
The Committee is still considerably short of the amount of money it hoped to
raise to help insure that Measure B, a two year parcel tax to supply much
needed funds for our schools, passes.