[BHS etree] BHSDG: Development Group explained

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Oct 5 12:36:07 PDT 2004

Contact: Helen Walker at helenwalker at comcast.net or Susan Helmrich at
shelmrich at aol.com.

As you may have noticed during Back-to-School-Nigh, many teachers asked for
financial contributions, as every department has needs beyond what the
budget provides. You may also have noticed that the teachers asking for
funds requested that checks be written and sent to the Berkeley High School
Development Group (BHSDG).

The BHSDG is an independent non-profit group that functions as the main
fundraising arm for the high school.  We raise money to support the faculty,
the staff, the administration, and most importantly, the students, and as a
non-profit, contributions to the BHSDG are tax deductible to the full extent
of the law.

How can you help?

DONATE
1. Our annual newsletter will be mailed in a few weeks. Please read it and
make a generous donation to BHSDG. You can designate your donation to a
specific program or to the more general Annual Fund.

2.  Sign up for eScrip, Berkeley Bowl and Peet’s Scrip. Please contact Patty
Kates at patriciakates at comcast.net or Helen Walker at
helenwalker at comcast.net for eScrip. Please contact Hope Friedman at
hopefreidman at yahoo.com for Berkley Bowl and Peet’s scrip.

3. Shop at Cody’s on November 12th –15th, 2004 AND MAIL YOUR RECEIPTS TO
Julie Wong, 1311 Santa Fe, Berkeley, 94702 - 25% of your purchases will go
towards the purchase of books for the BHS library.

VOLUNTEER
Volunteer to work with the BHSDG, you can concentrate your efforts on either
the grant distribution activities or the fundraising activities, you can
volunteer to help with smaller tasks such as our semi-annual mailings, or
you can take on a project such as working on database.

Please come to our next FUNDRAISING MEETING on Thursday, October 14th to
meet us and to learn more about what we do. We would love to have you join
us and we could use your help. If you are interested, please email Helen
Walker at helenwalker at comcast.net or Susan Helmrich at shelmrich at aol.com.