[BHS etree] BSEP+: Measure B followup from PTSA Meeting

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Sep 10 07:27:01 PDT 2004

Re: Measure B followup from PTSA MeetingCONTACT: : Susan Henderson
[mailto:susanrhenderson at earthlink.net]

 Dear PTSA, thank you for endorsing Measure B, “Protecting Quality Education
in Berkeley Public’s Schools,” at your September 9 meeting (See below for
more information on Measure B).  An additional thank you to those of you who
returned the yellow endorsement cards and contributed to the grassroots
campaign.  For those of you who took the flyer/endorsement home, please take
a minute to complete and return the endorsement card, consider volunteering
and making a contribution.  Your overwhelming support at the meeting was
heartening, but we need your help to make sure Measure B becomes a reality
and our kids and schools have the resources they deserve.

Measure B will raise about $8.3 million in critically needed funds each year
for two years.  The money will be used:

-   to reduce class size to 26 in grades 4-5 and 28 students in middle
school and high school (68% -- about $5.6 million)
-   to keep school libraries open and staffed (16% -- about $1.3 million)
-   to restore and broaden music programs (7% -- $600,000)
-   for evaluation, teacher training, family outreach & translation (9% --
$740,000 million)

For more information visit www.yesonb.net

THANK YOU!
Susan Henderson