[BHS etree] MISC: Second Memorial Day Message

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri May 28 14:16:47 PDT 2004

Since we posted the Memorial Day message this morning, we received word that
we had omitted sereval Berkeley High students who served in Viet Nam. They
are: William F. Hilliard, Class of 1965 and Erskine Crump Berkeley High
Class of (1966) and both Berkeley natives. Erskine Crump was killed in
action in 1968.

Memorial Day commemorates American military personnel who died in military
service to the United States of America, and to thank them for their
sacrifice.

The City of Berkeley maintains a website honoring Berkeley citizens who died
while serving in foreign wars, including the conflict in Vietnam . Since
many of these veterans were once Berkeley High students, current students
and their families may be interested in visiting
http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/vvm/ and the other memorials at that site.