[BHS etree] MISC: Memorial Day, 2004

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri May 28 06:58:23 PDT 2004

CONTACT:Robbie Valentine [mailto:rvalentine at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

Memorial Day, Monday, May 31st, 2004
Service to our community, if not to our American way of life, is rendered
in many ways, be it peacefully, or in some cases, military service.   No
one person can comprehend the politics involved in whatever service was
rendered.  Politics therefore should not be brought into the picture.
What should be honored is the individual's honesty and best intentions
when such service was rendered.  Several Berkeley High students served in
one war:  the Vietnam War.  The City of Berkeley maintains a site for such
veterans.  http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/vvm/

A few of the names:
Otis James Darden, graduate of Berkeley High, 1966;  Daryl Lee Ligons,
graduate of Berkeley High, 1962;  Brandt Steele Neubacher, graduate of
Berkeley High, 1965;  Frederick Howard Henderson, attending Thousand Oaks,
Garfield Junior High and Berkeley High Schools;  Allen Hideo Harano,
graduate of Berkeley High, 1966.
Click the following link.  Then click each individual name.
http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/vvm/