[BHS etree] SPORTS: Berkeley Athletic Fund End of Year Meeting, 6/2, 7:00 pm

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue May 25 22:28:49 PDT 2004

Contact:  Ellen Brotsky, willsky at earthlink.net, 526-2390 or Mary Kay Murlas,
murlas at sbcglobal.net, 845-8257

Berkeley Athletic Fund End of Year General Membership Meeting, Wednesday,
June 2nd, 7:00 pm - Plan to attend!

The school year is rapidly coming to a close.  The Berkeley Athletic Fund
(BAF) will be holding one last general membership meeting on Wednesday, June
2nd, at 7:30 pm.  We checked the school event calendar and chose this date
in hopes of avoiding conflicts with other end of school activities taking
place.  BAF is the parent/community support group for Berkeley High's large
and successful athletic program.

The meeting will be held at the Athletic Director's office, newly moved to
the BOC building.  The BOC building is next to the Donahue gym, and used to
be the attendance office.  It is also  where tickets are sold to sports
events.

In spite of the general budget crisis facing public education, this has been
a good  year for the Berkeley High School athletic program and for the
Berkeley Athletic Fund.

We have benefited from  excellent leadership provided by Kristin Glenchur,
our new Athletic Director.  Long time members have joined with new members
to carry out many successful activities - a fall fund-raising letter,  the
most successful celebrity waiter luncheon yet,  new parking lot revenues, a
strong  BAF presence at the ribbon-cutting ceremony and  Solano stroll.

But we can't rest on our laurels - in fact we need to be prepared to raise
more funds and provide more support in the coming year(s) since public
education continues to face hard times financially, which is bound to have
an impact on the athletic program.

So please plan to attend this meeting and find out how you can help BAF in
the coming year.     This will also be a good  meeting for parents of
incoming 8th graders to attend - we will have information  about how their
child gets involved with the athletic program.  If you know parents of
incoming 8th graders, please invite them to the meeting.