[Mso_contacts] Academic Lives Event

The Women's Faculty Club hotel at womensfacultyclub.com
Wed Feb 8 15:52:45 PST 2012

Dear Department Members –

I hope that each of you received the February Department News and want to
invite you to our “Academic Lives” event on Thursday, February 9, 2012.
This is part of an on-going series and tomorrow’s event is titled
“Valentines in Academia.”  We’ve gathered a panel of “experts” – an
inter-generational sampling of academics who will discuss the joys,
pleasures and challenges of dual career couples within academia.

Professor Eleanor Swift, Women’s Faculty Club Board President, will
moderate the discussion.  Participants include Phil and Carolyn Cowan,
Berkeley emeriti in Psychology, Berkeley Professors Jenna Johnson-Hanks
(Demography and Sociology) and Leigh Raiford (African American Studies),
Michael Cohen (American and African American Studies), and two Berkeley
post-doctoral students Desiré Whitmore (Chemistry) and Jessica Bisset
Perea (Music). Bisset Perea will be accompanied by her husband who teaches
at San Francisco State University.

Join us for this pre-“Valentine” discussion and stay for the reception
that follows.  This is a complimentary event and is open to all in the
campus community.

We hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Mary Remy