[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Bell Schedule Redesign

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed May 31 16:46:06 PDT 2023

Please do not reply to this email. For questions contact harrisonblatt at berkeley.net <mailto:harrisonblatt at berkeley.net>

Dear BHS Staff, Students, and Families:

In the Spring Semester of 2020, Berkeley High School began a bell schedule redesign process by reviewing the ways we use time to achieve our mission of educating and inspiring all students in a supportive environment. We convened a committee to advise the principal which gathered input from students, staff, and families about their priorities regarding how we use time during the school day.

Throughout the Spring Semester of 2023, we have been navigating challenges of staff capacity relative to district initiatives. At this time we are choosing to not move forward with a change to our bell schedule.  We will, however, continue to explore opportunities to improve our student and staff experience and to be more efficient with our teaching and scheduling.

We are extremely grateful for the staff members engaging in this process for their time, effort, and commitment to improving outcomes for Berkeley High students, and we are equally appreciative to the families and students who shared their perspectives in town halls, surveys, and listening sessions. We have learned a tremendous amount, and we will be utilizing all that we have gained as we continue to think deeply about how to optimize our programming. We look forward to engaging with the community as opportunities and staff capacity allow for us to resurface these vital conversations.

In Community,
Harrison Blatt
Vice Principal
Berkeley High School

--
Harrison S. Blatt
Vice Principal

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2022-2023 Calendar <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/BUSD-Calendar-K12-22-23.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

To unsubscribe from the E-tree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>

PLEASE NOTE: The system will send a confirmation email; the subscription or unsubscription will not be complete until you follow the link in that email and confirm that you want to subscribe or unsubscribe. Tip: Check your spam folder if you do not see the confirmation message shortly after you subscribe/unsubscribe!