[BHS Etree] ATHLETICS: Spring sports clearance reminder and tryout info

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jan 25 21:12:25 PST 2023

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please
contact athleticdirector at berkeley.net.

*SPRING SPORTS BEGIN on FEBRUARY 6th:*

*Athletes must be* *cleared*
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Resources/athlete-registration>*
to participate*

*SPRING SPORTS*
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports>*,
week of Feb 6th tryout/practice schedule*

Baseball
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/baseball>
*:* 3 levels (Fr, JV, Var)

   - 4pm Mon 2/6 and Wed 2/8: 9th/10th graders Tim Moellering Field
   - 4pm Tue 2/7 and Thurs 2/9: 11th/12th graders Tim Moellering Field
   - Wear baseball attire and spikes and bring all baseball equipment
   - Initial roster selections announced Wed and Thurs, with roster
   confirmed Friday 2/10

Badminton
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/badminton>
*:* One coed team of around 40 (20 boys, 20 girls)

   - 3:50PM Mon 2/6, 3:50PM Tue 2/7, and 6:00PM Wed 2/8 in the Jacket Gym
   - Come ready to tryout in suitable gym shoes and attire with a full
   water bottle
   - Bring personal rackets, only a limited number of rackets are available
   to borrow

Boys Golf
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/boys-golf>:
One team around 10 golfers

   - 4PM Tilden Golf Course putting green, bring clubs

Boys Lacrosse
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/boys-lacrosse>:
2 levels (JV/Var)

   - 4PM, Monday 2/6 Derby field (corner of Derby/MLK)
   - 6PM, Tuesday 2/7 Jacket Stadium
   - 4PM, Wed 2/8 Derby field
   - Beginners welcome. No cuts. Wear athletic attire/cleats, Bring
   lacrosse gear if you have it.

Girls Lacrosse
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/girls-lacrosse>
*:* 2 levels (JV/Var)

   - 4PM, Monday 2/6 at Underhill Field at CAL
   <https://www.google.com/maps/place/Underhill+Parking+and+Field/@37.8672764,-122.2544731,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xd36284986752f44b?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj2od2Rz8f6AhV8BzQIHXAwBikQ_BJ6BAhrEAU>
   (bring tennis shoes or turf shoes. Cleats
   - not allowed; wear athletic attire)
   - 4PM, Tue 2/7 Derby field (corner of Derby/MLK) - bring cleats and gear
   - 6PM, Wed 2/8 Jacket Stadium - bring cleats and gear

Softball
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/softball>:
2 levels (JV/Var)

   - 4PM, BHS Softball field, bring cleats, equipment, and suitable
   softball attire

Swimming and Diving
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/swimming-and-diving>:
Girls and boys teams (around 35-40 each); dive team (variable)

   - 4PM, BHS Natatorium ready to swim/dive; Skills evaluations all week

Boys Tennis
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/boys-tennis>:
One team around 20 players

   - 4PM Hearst Tennis Courts at CAL
   <https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hearst+Tennis+Courts/@37.8695855,-122.2558018,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xa56f9fd1fe861dd5!8m2!3d37.8695855!4d-122.2558018>,
   court shoes, tennis attire, water bottle, and racket(s)

Track and Field
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/track-and-field>:
Very large coed team

   - 5PM, meet in the stadium grandstands

Boys Volleyball
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports/spring-sports/boys-volleyball>:
2 levels (JV/Var) - each team around 10-14 athletes

   - 2/6 - 2/9, 4:30-7PM, BHS M Gym, bring gym shoes/clothes

*Athletes must be* *CLEARED*
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Resources/athlete-registration>*
to participate in practices.*

All athletes (including returning athletes) must have a valid physical and
register online through our registration system called *Home Campus*. To
register and learn all about the clearance process, go to:
https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Resources/athlete-registration

*Frequently Asked Questions:*

*Q: *Are there any “open gyms,” “open fields,” weightroom slots, and/or
“captain’s workouts” going on that I can attend to get in shape for tryouts?

*A: *Yes, some sports have arranged pre-season workouts. Contact the coach
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports> to see if your
sport is one of them.

*Q:* I play a winter sport that still has practices and games during the
week of 2/6. What should I do?

*A:* Contact the coach
<https://sites.google.com/berkeley.net/bhsathletics/Sports> of the SPRING
team you wish to play for to arrange a make-up tryout. It is not safe (or
fair) for you to do two rigorous practices in one day. You are entitled to
a make-up tryout but you *MUST* communicate with the coach ahead of time.

*Q: *I want to change the spring sports I’m registered for (either
eliminate sports or change to a different one); how do I do that?