[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin Dec 14 (Wed)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Dec 14 10:34:57 PST 2022

Please do not reply to this email. For questions refer to contacts in individual messages.

2022-2023 ASB Leadership
One big, red & gold family!
BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL
STUDENT BULLETIN
David D-R., Chief of Publicity
Ari F., Chief of Publicity
Valerie L, Chief of Publicity
Mr. V, Director of Student Activities
Bulletins & more  @juicethejackets Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>
BHS Leadership website <https://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>
 Video Bulletin Catalog <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wYrUhta8Zh9yi4_8eN8MCzFxsSwOWhGVcjLnLLc5OuE/edit#bookmark=id.e2ygj2vkgg49> (requires BUSD account)

Video Bulletin: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
PA: Trivia Friday with Principal Raygoza
Submit a Bulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>
December 14, 2022
Here is today’s video bulletin:

 bulletin121422.mp4 <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SEFXMvTyeRb0nq12bYmh_NqlHjt3iLXP/view?usp=drive_web> bulletin121422.mp4
No video bulletin on Friday

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS

CLASSES RESUME ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 3rd

BULLETIN FEEDBACK SURVEY
Please help us improve the BHS student bulletin by taking a minute to leave feedback or suggestions. This survey is for all BHS STAFF and STUDENTS. The form will be open until December 16, 2022.

BULLETIN FEEDBACK SURVEY <https://forms.gle/PdFb9FJiFdRHcnCT7>

REDWOOD LITERARY MAGAZINE

FOR THE MOST RECENT ISSUE CLICK HERE <http://redwoodberkeleyhigh.com/>
*will need to use non-BHS wifi connection unless page is unblocked

JOIN BHS LEADERSHIP
Applications for elected and appointed positions open up January 1st 2023.
Learn more about the due dates, election timeline and more by clicking here <https://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=21>.

Contact Mr. V <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
@juicethejackets

We got funding from the BHS Development Group! All seniors who qualify for free and reduced lunch will now be able to purchase a yearbook for $35 while funds last.

If you qualify, come to C327 after school any day except for Thursdays when we get back from winter break. You will need to provide proof of free and reduced lunch, and payment either by check or cash of $35 dollars for your yearbook.

Thank you BHSDG!

Order a Yearbook: https://www.yearbookordercenter.com <https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/>
Code: 16356

Submit Senior Quote: https://forms.gle/n1MPoxSoGUur9rBK9 <https://forms.gle/n1MPoxSoGUur9rBK9>

Questions: sarahdarzacq at students.berkeley.net <mailto:sarahdarzacq at students.berkeley.net>

Teen Craft Club @ Central Library Teen Room
December 22 and 29, 2022 - 3:30pm-5:00pm

Teens, join us in the Teen Room at Central to learn how to make an ojo de dios. God’s Eyes or Ojos de Dios are a popular holiday tradition that have roots from indigenous practices in Mexico. Try making your own version of it and learn some foundations of weaving.

2022 FALL SEMESTER FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE

Monday, December 12, 2022: Late-Start Schedule
Tuesday, December 13, 2022: Regular Schedule
Wednesday-Friday, 12/14-12/16: See below for Final Exams Schedule

TIME
MINUTES
WED 12/14
THURS 12/15
FRI 12/16
8:30-10:30 am
120
Period 1
Period 3
Period 5
10:40-12:40 pm
120
Period 2
Period 4
Period 6
12:40-1:20 pm
40
Lunch
Lunch
Lunch
1:26-2:32 pm
66
Finals Prep / Make Up
Finals Prep / Make Up
Make up
2:32-3:33 pm
61
Teacher Common Prep
Teacher Common Prep
Teacher Common Prep

Students are allowed to leave campus at 12:40pm on final exam days and must do so unless they are actively participating in class or extracurricular activities after lunch time.

“Finals Prep / Make Up” is a dedicated time for teachers to be available to, and meet with, students. Most importantly, teachers can use this time to provide accommodations for students with IEPs or 504 plans. Teachers will be available to meet, however, students need to confirm with teachers in advance.

After School Tutoring in the CCC schedule

Normal Hours this week
MONDAY-THURSDAY, 3:30-6:00 pm

After school hours in the CCC for Semester 1 FInal Exams week:

MONDAY 12/12 - 3:30-6:00 pm (normal hours)
TUESDAY 12/13 - 3:30-6:00 pm (normal hours)
WEDNESDAY 12/14 - 1:00-3:30 pm
THURSDAY 12/15 - 1:00-3:30 pm

This week in BHS Athletics!

Upcoming Home Games
On Monday,
Boys Basketball plays Mt. Diablo. JV at 5:00. Varsity at 6:30.

On Tuesday,
Boys Basketball plays Mt. Eden. Freshmen at 4:00.. JV at 5:30. Varsity at 7:00.

On Wednesday,
Boys Soccer plays Castro Valley. JV at 4:30. Varsity at 6:30.

On Thursday,
Girls Basketball plays Foothill. JV at 5:00. Varsity at 6:30.

On Friday,
Boys Soccer plays San Leandro. JV at 4:30. Varsity at 6:30.

On Saturday,
Girls Soccer plays Northgate and Deer Valley. Freshmen at 9:00 am. Varsity at 11:00.
Girls Basketball plays John Swett. Varsity at 1:00.

Girls Lacrosse
Team meeting for all interested Girls Lacrosse players at 12:45 pm Wednesday December 14 in Room J205. Sliver pizza will be provided! All players - returning and new - should attend. Gear checkout will be available to all registered athletes that need equipment.

Submitted by meganpotmesil at berkeley.net <mailto:meganpotmesil at berkeley.net>

Boy’s Pre-season Tennis Meeting