[BHS Etree] ADMIN: Bell Schedule Redesign Update

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Jun 1 14:28:29 PDT 2022

Please do not reply to this message. Please contact
harrisonblatt at berkeley.net with questions or comments.

Dear BHS Students and Families:

As we move closer towards the end of the school year, I want to share an
update on the bell schedule redesign process as we close out the year with
reflection and celebration while renewing our intentions, efforts, and
focus for the summer, fall, and beyond. I also want to share an immense
appreciation for the members of the bell schedule committee who have
dedicated their time and efforts to providing numerous opportunities for
students, staff, and families to have input into the potential redesign. I
want to thank students who have advocated and shared their thoughts on how
we serve them and the families who have participated and partnered with us
in this work.

Our work is following timeline of the bell schedule redesign
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v3uIy9OqtIlGTWMxTulFBYhj-zAp4WEMz6SgjKPsvLQ/edit#slide=id.g12e409e7985_0_0>
(updated
February 2022) culminating with a possible bell schedule redesign for the
2023-24 school year. Please consider reviewing the documents below, most of
which will be released to the community in the coming days.

~Executive Summary
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bCuKrduBDsZylt0RBWAuzXJMrAZRFHvbzmqpat8mYLw/edit>
-
the bell schedule committee has created this executive summary of the
redesign process thus far which we intend to share publicly and with the
school board as an informational agenda item on the June 1, 2022 board
meeting

~Literature Review
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-1P9eRyyD1YjDz1TbGnXKdO5pixYO8lQpKJzj3W5nxw/edit>
-
in order to ensure that this redesign process is research based and data
driven (and in response to feedback and suggestions from the board of
education) the bell schedule committee has created a summary of the
literature review they have conducted thus far

~Analysis of Large, Local Comprehensive High Schools
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U7X1_aqFhKLE4cRLnm3Pr47Mzrl-IfbK9f36Bh-de68/edit>
-
summary of the bell schedules of the 10 largest high schools in alameda
county

~PTSA Meeting - Bell Schedule Redesign Update 5.17.2022
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fRPO1nVwDdXSQ0sBa0J_CeXYR7boeFbo/view?usp=sharing>
-
copy of slideshow presentation and presenter notes from a recent PTSA
meeting that included an update and Q&A from the PTSA

~Student Survey Results
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HGykBbuDC6oPZ7Zv8AymZHA7MUbR3yYd5NB5G-qJLag/edit>
-
updated with pivot tables for student priorities based on certain identity
markers (staff and family survey results are available on the bell
schedule redesign
website <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/bell-schedule-redesign/>)

~Bell Schedule Redesign Website
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/bell-schedule-redesign/> - public facing
web page for the redesign process

*_____________________________*

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>

BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>

BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe