[BHS Etree] SENIORS: Class of 22 Graduation Info.

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu May 26 12:08:43 PDT 2022

Please do not reply to this email. Questions? See contact info in messages
below.

Hello Class of 22 fans & families...

TODAY, May 26, we distributed wristbands to the 2nd period of graduating
students for their guests attending the large graduation on June 4. BTA/BIS
students can claim their wristbands on their campus. Each graduate received
6 wristbands. Some students who completed the RSVP form before May 17 could
have received up to 4 more wristbands.

*If you DID NOT recieve your GRAD WRISTBANDS*, then please head to the BHS
CAFETERIA on *FRIDAY, MAY 27 at LUNCH*. You could also wait until the
SENIOR MEETING on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 1 in the DONAHUE GYM at 1 pm. *Please
also check with your 2ND PERIOD teacher as some of them held onto the
wristbands for distribution on Friday.*

*If you are in BTA or INDEPENDENT STUDY*, your wristbands will be avaiable
on the BTA/BIS campus.

*If you DO NOT have enough wristbands*, then please ask your classmates to
see if they have any extra. We are at capacity for both ceremonies and
CANNOT distribute any additional wristbands at this time. If something were
to change, we will communicate that over email, e-tree, and other methods.
Please know that we will have an amazing livestream setup for anyone that
cannot make it into Jacket Stadium.

*If there is an issue with your wristbands*, please email Mr. V ASAP at
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net and describe the problem.

Please see all other info on cap/gown/tassel, senior meeting, etc... below.

Congratulations and Thank you!!!

--------previous graduation message---------

Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony

Berkeley High School Jacket Stadium

Saturday, June 4

Red Ceremony: Last Names A-K 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

Gold Ceremony: Last Names L-Z 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Guest entrance along Milvia Street & Durant Avenue opens up 60 minutes
before each ceremony

Watch the 2022 Livestream for each ceremony
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZB_ZVmbS0&list=PLz1tylbrICf2VNkpTWpqxvvXybaPMVYEC>

Watch 2021 ceremony replays, click here <http://bit.ly/watchBHSgrad21>.

We will share any updates regarding graduation directly via student email,
the BHS e-tree, the BHS website, this section of the senior letter
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/>
among other means.

Wristbands: All graduating students from BHS, BIS & BTA will receive 6
wristbands for the June 4th graduation.

Every person attending, regardless of age, must have a wristband for
entrance.

Wristband Distribution Schedule Graduates will receive six wristbands even
if they didn’t complete the RSVP form. We will distribute wristbands
directly to 2nd period classes at BHS on May 26. All BTA & BIS students
will receive their wristbands at their campus. Any unclaimed wristbands can
be picked up at lunch on May 27 in the BHS cafeteria or at the June 1
senior meeting. *Form closed on May 17th.

Senior Meeting There will be a meeting for all Class of ‘22 Graduates in
the Donahue Gym on Wednesday, June 1st at 1:00-1:30 pm. We will review the
graduation plan, share any last minute updates, and distribute unclaimed
wristbands. Please preview the presentation by clicking here
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kOsFQ-X2Y3GyPK8QcKasuTOuBRAlvIjAi8w1mCXXTmk/edit#slide=id.g12aa351c262_0_5>
.

Additional Guests Due to a maximum seating capacity of 3,000 people, we
will distribute six wristbands per graduate. As of May 19, we have reached
capacity and can no longer accommodate requests for additional wristbands.
Students are encouraged to ask their classmates if they have any extra.
There is no wristband pick up at graduation.

Health & Safety In following CDPH guidelines, masks will be encouraged by
guests and graduates. Immediately following each ceremony, all guests will
exit the bleachers onto the Campus Green area.

Access for Persons with disabilities Jacket Stadium is wheelchair
accessible and seating is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities
Act (ADA). Please complete this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHpLCrxUDNQV9UZf89MNw0BQcYg77rukdmlTsa9Pzkvr71Sw/viewform>
for families that may need special accommodations for parking and/or more
easily accessible seating.

Seating Seating is general admission. Please complete this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHpLCrxUDNQV9UZf89MNw0BQcYg77rukdmlTsa9Pzkvr71Sw/viewform>
for families that may need special accommodations for parking and/or more
easily accessible seating. Jacket Stadium will open up one hour prior to
each ceremony.

***NEW***Clear Bag Policy Only clear tote bags, plastic storage bags, or
small clutch bags are allowed inside Jacket Stadium.

Prohibited Items Guests and graduates are not allowed to bring in items
that could obstruct views of the ceremony or seating at Jacket Stadium on
the day of the ceremony such as flowers, large signs, balloons, etc. Guests
will be instructed to return any prohibited item back to their vehicle or
leave them unattended at the entrance gate.

Graduation Day Seniors should plan to report to the Donahue Gym 60 minutes
prior to the ceremony start time. Caps, gowns, and tassels should be worn
at graduation. Achievers Inc. will be present in front of the Donahue Gym
from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm for all of your graduation needs. See page 6 for Cap
& Gown details.

Parking It is encouraged for guests to walk, shuttle or take public
transportation to the event. There are many nearby paid parking spots
available. Please complete this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHpLCrxUDNQV9UZf89MNw0BQcYg77rukdmlTsa9Pzkvr71Sw/viewform>
for families that may need special accommodations for parking and/or more
easily accessible seating. We will do our best to accommodate. If needed,
contact tammyrose at berkeley.net.

Photos Professional photography will be made available to the Class of 2022
within a short time after all ceremonies are completed. The photos will be
available to download for free or for order at an additional cost. There
will not be a need to move up in the bleachers during the ceremony to take
photos. In addition, all ceremonies will be recorded by a film crew that is
livestreaming the event which will be available for replay at a later time.

Cultural/SLC Ceremonies Please see page 1 of the Senior Letter for more
details. You can expect updates directly from each group or learning
community about sashes, stoles, or other information.

June 2

R.I.S.E. (RISE)

@ Little Theater

Contact Adriana Betti <adrianabetti at berkeley.net>

June 1

LATINE (LTNE)

@ Little Theater

Contact Claudia Gonzalez <claudiagonzalez at berkeley.net> @bhs.latinxunidos
<https://www.instagram.com/bhs.latinxunidos/>

May 28

ASIAN PACIFIC ISLANDER (API)

@ Berkeley High School

Contact Dana Moran <berkeleyhighapic at gmail.com> @bhs.apic
<https://www.instagram.com/bhs.apic/>

May 27

MULTILINGUAL PROGRAM (MLP)

@ Berkeley Technology Academy

Contact Daniella Maaze <daniellamaaze at berkeley.net> Cynthia Garcia
<cynthiagarcia at berkeley.net>

 @mlpteachers <https://www.instagram.com/mlpteachers/>

May 26

ACADEMY of MEDICINE PUBLIC SERVICE (AMPS)

@ Oxford Elementary School

Contact John Tobias <johntobias at berkeley.net> Diane Kung
<dianekung at berkeley.net>

May 26

BERKELEY INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL (BIHS)

@ Donahue Gym

Contact Harrison Blatt <harrisonblatt at berkeley.net>, Rebecca Villagran
<rebeccavillagran at berkeley.net>, Amanda Moreno <amandamoreno at berkeley.net>

May 25

SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT

@ M-Gym

Contact Mary Jacobs <maryjacobs at berkeley.net>

May 24

ARTS & HUMANITIES ACADEMY (AHA)

@ Oxford Elementary

Contact Devon Brewer <devonbrewer at berkeley.net>, Amanda Toporek
<amandatoporek at berkeley.net>

May 23

COMMUNICATION ARTS & SCIENCES (CAS)

@ First Presbyterian Church

Contact Max Wheeler <maxwheeler at berkeley.net>, Phil Halpern
<philhalpern at berkeley.net> @casfamgrownups
<https://www.instagram.com/casfamgrownups/>

May 21

CELEBRATION OF BLACK EXCELLENCE (AFAM)

@ King Middle School *will receive kente sash

Contact Spencer Pritchard <spencerpritchard at berkeley.net>, Dawn Williams
<dawnwilliams at berkeley.net>

May 19

BRIDGE PROGRAM (BRDG)

@ BHS Library

Contact Jessie Luxford <jessieluxford at berkeley.net>

May 18

ACADEMIC CHOICE (AC) Senior Trip

@ Oakland A’s Game

Contact Tammy Rose <tammyrose at berkeley.net>, Ann Sperske
<annsperske at berkeley.net>, Angela Coppola <angelacoppola at berkeley.net>

Graduation Performers & Speakers The due date has passed

--
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe