[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin May 13 (Fri)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Fri May 13 09:53:04 PDT 2022

Please do not reply to this message. If you have any questions, please see individual entries for contact information

2021-2022 ASB Leadership
One big, red & gold family!
BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL
STUDENT BULLETIN
Lottie D., Chief of Publicity
Adam W., Chief of Publicity
Jack W., Chief of Publicity
Mr. V, Director of Student Activities
Bulletins & more  @Juicethejackets Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>
 Video Bulletin Catalog <https://docs.google.com/document/d/16dVBsMWuRjCYT_Ubp2gnQeE6ZCSa33WSyJB3ZcDdk1A/edit#bookmark=id.e2ygj2vkgg49> (requires BUSD account)

Video Bulletin: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (shorter)
PA: Trivia Friday with Principal Raygoza
Submit a Bulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>
May 13, 2022
Here is today’s video bulletin:
 Bulletin 51322.mp4 <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CTn2FpnY5RUf5wKSZsvxv9P3uOOHvw1Z/view?usp=drive_web>

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS

OUR MONOLOGUES - LAST SHOW IS SATURDAY 1 PM

See video for details! <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aqTRoRdk0yJ3QQ4OfS9101jjvFYsrIze/view?usp=sharing>
Submitted by riyajivan at students.berkeley.net <mailto:riyajivan at students.berkeley.net>

Hello BHS Student Clubs!
With only 3 weeks of school left, it's time to close the books for the school year - not just textbooks & library books- but the Student Body financial books need to be closed out for the year.
If you have a club that has done any fundraising and need to make a deposit or have any outstanding invoices or reimbursements to be made out of your club account, the final deadline is FRIDAY, MAY 27th.  If you have any questions on how to do any of this, please reach out before the deadline to Ms. Rabinowitz (RAH-BIN-OH-WITS) via email or by visiting her in D173 on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday.  Thank you in advance for making this a priority.

Go Jackets!
Submitted by shaunarabinowitz at berkeley.net <mailto:shaunarabinowitz at berkeley.net>

DO YOU LOVE TO DANCE? Ready to push yourself to the next level? COME AUDITION FOR DANCE PRODUCTION 2023. Audition rehearsals start NEXT WEEK: Tuesday, May 17 - Monday, May 23, during lunch and after school in the MGym. AUDITIONS are Tuesday, May 24 @ 4pm. See Ms. Carr for more info.

Dancers don't have to attend all the audition rehearsals & can also learn the audition choreo with online tutorials on Instagram. You don't have to take dance at BHS in order to audition. All are welcome! CURIOUS? Come check it out!

IB studio Art Exhibition
Back from two years of suspension due to COVID, the IB Studio Art Exhibition is here again! The Exhibition is a student-curated group show of 30 artists in the BHS IB Studio Art Class featuring a diverse range of materials, mediums, and topics.

It will be held at the Shanice Kiel Gallery at 3324 Adeline St in Berkeley! Opening night is Saturday, May 14th from PM and it will run until Wednesday, June 1st! After Opening night, the gallery is open from Noon to 5 PM on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

The event is free for students and there is a pay-what-you-can donation-based entry to support the work of Youth Spirit Artworks, who very generously allowed us to use their gallery. The gallery is also wheelchair accessible and Food/Water will be provided.

Come out and the IB Studio Art Show at the Shanice Kiel Gallery (3324 Adeline St) on May 14 from 5-8pm!
Submitted by jessegerwein at students.berkeley.net <mailto:jessegerwein at students.berkeley.net>

Post a Graduation Message
The Jacket is bringing back their popular graduation message board! Brighten someone’s day by leaving a congratulatory message for a friend or relative, or for the entire senior class at https://berkeleyhighjacket.com/post <https://berkeleyhighjacket.com/post>
@bhsjacket

Voter Registration Due Date is May 23
If you are 18 years or older, you still have time to register to vote in the June 7 California primary race. This primary ballot features both US senate positions as well as governor among other key statewide races. Although this June election will not decide who wins these positions, it is you as the voters who can have a strong influence on who will be on the November midterm ballot. Visit vote.ca.gov <http://vote.ca.gov/> for info on how to register.

BHS Athletics Update

Hopefully you are avid followers of the @BHSJacketSports Twitter  <https://twitter.com/BHSjacketSports>and Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/bhsjacketsports/> pages. If so, then you know all this. What a week it has been for BHS Sports with tons of excitement ahead! AS ALWAYS, bookmark and check berkeleyhighathletics.org <http://berkeleyhighathletics.org/> for everything you want to know about BHS sports including how to get some sweet BHS Spirit Wear! <https://sideline.bsnsports.com/schools/california/berkeley/berkeley-high-school>
Is Luke Swiggett supposed to be in the chair next to you? Well, he's in Fresno because he destroyed it at NCS and is swimming in the state championships in Fresno right now!

Congrats to Jackie Dai, Jenny Shen, Nathan Nguyen, Sandra Guzman, Mekhi Crossland for making NCS badminton

Leighton Sproul lost a tight 3-setter in NCS after winning the WACC

Congratulations to the Crew novice men for reaching the podium at the Southwest Regional Championships.

In WACC T&F championships:
the Boys Team finished 3rd and the Girls Team won it!
Individually,
Timothy Keller won the 800 and 400 and the 4X400 relay (with Giuseppe Chiappetta, Oliver Lu, and Aidan Metcalf)
Lucy Rickart-Webb won the pole vault (Matthew Avery and Claudia Johnson took 2nd)
Sonia Delangle and Fenner McCoy won the high jump (Rosie Bultman took 2nd)
Oliver Lu won the triple jump (Rosie Bultman took 2nd)
Rosie also took 2nd in the long jump
Alessandra Ionescu-Zanetti won the 100M and 300M hurdles
They, along with other high finishers, are still competing in regional meets!

Baseball and softball won the regular season championships. Baseball is playing tonight at College of Alameda for the WACC post-season tournament championships

Boys Volleyball's deep NCS playoff run ended with a tight loss to the #1 seed College Park on Tuesday. What a season!

Congrats to everyone!

 Check out the calendar to go support your Yellow Jackets!
Link to game calendar <https://westalamedacountyconference.org/public/genie/678/school/3/>
For upcoming games & scores, visit
Berkeleyhighathletics.org <http://berkeleyhighathletics.org/>

Nominate A Senior for the BHS JacketGraduation Issue

The Jacket will be continuing its tradition of publishing a Graduation Issue, which will include short profiles of BHS seniors who have made a profound impact on the BHS community, whether through their volunteer work, leadership, commitment to their passions, or friendship. If there's someone you know who should be profiled by the Jacket, fill out this form by Sunday, May 15. Feel free to fill out multiple nominations <https://forms.gle/GubsR75rDbsniBHJ6> to celebrate all of the amazing seniors at BHS!
Submitted by naomirosen at students.berkeley.net <mailto:naomirosen at students.berkeley.net>

Beach Clean Up
Sunrise BHS is holding a beach clean up this Sunday, May 15, from 1-3pm at Albany Bulb! Snacks & Materials will be provided. Meet us at the entrance of the Albany Bulb Beach to help clean the bay :)

Submitted by medinalam at students.berkeley.net <mailto:medinalam at students.berkeley.net>
@sunriseberkeleyhigh

BHS FOOD PANTRY
Hello BHS Students, Staff, and Community, Please come to the food pantry this Tuesday, May 17th, from 3-4pm. We will be distributing fresh produce, dairy, protein, pantry staples, and some surprise items. Please bring your own bags. Thank you for your support and collaboration to help keep our BHS community healthy and strong.

Submitted by debrahill at berkeley.net <mailto:debrahill at berkeley.net>

International Muffin Day Club

International Muffin Day Club will be hosting this year's third and final Muffin Day on May 26th. If you want to help us, you can bake muffins or help hand them out. For more information, come to our meetings at Lunch on Wednesdays in H207, or join our discord server at https://discord.gg/Pn4nyFBYaq <https://discord.gg/Pn4nyFBYaq> . Also, if you want to apply for a leadership position in the muffin club for next year, come to our meeting on May 11th and give a casual, 30 second speech on why you think you would make a great leader for muffin club.
Submitted by benjaminlemkin at students.berkeley.net <mailto:benjaminlemkin at students.berkeley.net> silasfreeling at students.berkeley.net <mailto:silasfreeling at students.berkeley.net>

Reminders for Class of 2022 Graduates

ACHIEVERS WILL BE ON CAMPUS ON FRIDAY, MAY 13 @ LUNCH FOR CAP & GOWN DISTRIBUTION

Cap & Gowns, Class Rings, & Graduation Announcements
Graduation orders can be placed at any time online, by phone or by mail. Achievers Inc. handles orders for just the cap and gown as well as rings, announcements, grad swag and even graduation packages. Cap & gowns are traditionally worn at an in-person graduation. Consider using a cap & gown for senior portraits, graduation pictures, at home celebrations as well as any of graduation activities to be confirmed in the spring.
Online:		GraduationOrder.com <http://graduationorder.com/>  (password bhs510)
Phone:		408.441.7200 	Monday - Friday   9:00 am - 4:00 pm (English/Spanish)
Mail:		Achievers Inc., 877 Commercial Street, San Jose, CA 95112

 GRAD PERFORMERS & GRAD RSVP FORM
Class of 2022 Graduation Ceremony
Berkeley High School Jacket Stadium
Saturday, June 4
Last Names A-K 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Last Names L-Z 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Entrance Milvia Street & Bancroft Way opens up 60 minutes before each ceremony
Watch the 2022 Livestream for each ceremony <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZB_ZVmbS0&list=PLz1tylbrICf2VNkpTWpqxvvXybaPMVYEC>
Watch 2021 ceremony replays, click here <http://bit.ly/watchBHSgrad21>.

We will share any updates regarding graduation directly via student email, the BHS e-tree, the BHS website, this section of the senior letter <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/> among other means.

Here are a few Class of 2022 graduation updates:

CAP & GOWN DISTRIBUTION has been moved up to FRIDAY, MAY 13* at lunch near the DONAHUE GYM.
Achievers will be on campus to distribute the 50-60 remaining cap and gowns that they have on Friday, May 13 at lunch. Please contact them ASAP if you need anything. We do not hold the cap and gowns at BHS. If you miss this date, then please know that Achievers will be at the BHS graduation from 9:00 am - 5:00 on June 4. *not distributing on May 17th!!!
Online:		GraduationOrder.com <http://graduationorder.com/>  (password bhs510)
Phone:		408.441.7200 	Monday - Friday   9:00 am - 4:00 pm

GRAD CEREMONY TIME
Unless you have already indicated a desire to switch ceremony times in the GRAD RSVP form, your graduation ceremony time will correspond to your last name as used by our school information system, Campus Infinite.
Last Names A-K 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Last Names L-Z 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Please complete or update your GRAD RSVP form* response <https://forms.gle/3wtCjAQJ4J9e4Dok9> before May 13th 9:00 am**.
*must be logged into your BUSD student email address. <only students can access this form>
**only complete this form if you need to update OR submit for the first time.

ADDITIONAL TICKETS by MAY 13
Graduates can request 1, 2, 3 or up to 4 additional wristbands for a ceremony. We will accommodate requests for additional wristbands as best as we can while staying under the 3,000 person capacity for the bleachers at Jacket Stadium. If you need additional wristbands, please complete or update your GRAD RSVP* form response <https://forms.gle/3wtCjAQJ4J9e4Dok9> (same form linked above) before May 13th 9:00 am**. If you need more than the 10 wristbands that we will distribute, then please ask your peers if they are using all of their wristbands. We do have an awesome multi-camera livestream with drone footage lined up for the event.

WRISTBAND DISTRIBUTION
All Class of 2022 Graduates will receive 6 wristbands. We plan to distribute the wristbands and any additional wristbands requested during 2nd period on Thursday, May 26. BTA/BIS students without a 2nd period on the BHS campus should expect to receive their wristbands at the BTA/BIS campus. If you miss May 26, there will be an additional pick up time on May 27 at lunch in the BHS Cafeteria and then again after the Senior Meeting on June 1 in the Donahue Gym which begins at 1:00 PM. There will be no wristband distribution on the day of graduation.

If you have any other questions, please consult with the Senior Letter <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/>, before sending emails.

Senior Meeting There will be a meeting for all Class of ‘22 Graduates in the Donahue Gym on Wednesday, June 1st at 1:00 pm. We will review the graduation plan, share any last minute updates, and distribute unclaimed wristbands.

Submitted by johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>

Interested in mountain biking or want to learn?!
Come check out our awesome Learn-To-Mountain-Bike Clinic <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vmiMhHieG5H5ww0Yr7XPywjsA2DYO8xc5MWS5SsG3Uw/viewform?edit_requested=true> this Saturday, May 14th!! BHS Mountain Biking wants to make the team look more like our school, and we are actively encouraging riders of color, women, and non-binary riders to come check out the sport! No experience required, bikes & helmets provided. There will be food!
9-11 AM Womxn Riders
10-12 All riders
@bhsmtb_team

IMPORTANT PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS BELOW

BHS is planning two Saturday Homework Parties

WHAT: a study-hall-type event where students have an on-campus space to complete assignments, use chromebooks, receive support from staff, and eat lunch

WHEN: Two Saturdays, May 14 and May 21, 10:30am-1:30pm

WHERE: M110 (enter through the M-gate on Milvia and Bancroft)

WHO: Any and all BHS students are invited. Students with failing grades are encouraged to attend.

WHY: By providing additional space and support for students near the end of the school year, we believe that students will be able to show mastery of additional content and improve their grades.

BHS está planeando dos sábados de "Fiestas de tarea"

QUÉ: un evento tipo sala de estudio donde los estudiantes tienen un espacio en el campus para completar tareas, usar Chromebooks, recibir apoyo del personal y almorzar

CUÁNDO: Dos sábados, 14 y 21 de mayo, de 10:30 a. m. a 1:30 p. m.

DÓNDE: M110 (ingrese por la puerta M en Milvia y Bancroft)

QUIÉN: Todos y cada uno de los estudiantes de BHS están invitados. Se anima a los estudiantes con calificaciones reprobatorias de asistir.

POR QUÉ: al proporcionar espacio adicional y apoyo para los estudiantes cerca del final del año escolar, creemos que los estudiantes podrán demostrar dominio de contenido adicional para mejorar sus calificaciones.

Submitted by harrisonblatt at berkeley.net <mailto:harrisonblatt at berkeley.net>

Mixed Speaker Series May 20
The Mixed Cultural Student Association is holding our annual Mixed Speaker Series on May 20th at 5:30 on zoom. The Mixed Speaker Series is a panel that seeks to celebrate diversity and educate on various experiences that come with mixed identity. The theme for this year is code-switching. Join us to learn about various experiences of fellow Berkeley High students and for a beautiful and fulfilling conversation. You can attend via this link <https://zoom.us/j/96876056386?pwd=REc0WVRPTlFsWGVRNXZhNVUzcFNmUT09>:

Please send any questions to the following emails: khadijahyahyaa at students.berkeley.net  <mailto:khadijahyahyaa at students.berkeley.net>or niamarkham at students.berkeley.net <mailto:niamarkham at students.berkeley.net>
@bhs_mcsa

Are you a mixed race and/or multicultural student? If so, you should join the Multicultural Student Association (MCSA) Leadership next year! Being on MCSA Leadership means getting a say in how we celebrate different cultural events in our meetings, forming bonds with other cultural clubs, deciding how we make and spend our money, and/or helping organize the spring Mixed Speaker Series! Anyone is welcome to apply, so please consider applying if you are passionate about forming cultural bonds and you believe that you’d be a good fit, even if you haven’t attended a meeting before. The deadline for applications is May 21st.

Here’s the link for the application <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1InCbVa6LnTlwSS9xhcN0udzcNIhjrIGLUqcWfIB6BLc/edit?usp=sharing>:

If you have any questions, email bellahardwick at students.berkeley.net <mailto:bellahardwick at students.berkeley.net>

Fundraiser Fashion Show
Come support BHS student fashion design at our fundraiser fashion show! Show will take place May 19th 6-8:30 at Ciel Creative Space. Over 25 handmade pieces modeled and designed by Berkeley High’s upcoming artists. Come in your best runway fit and get your free Polaroid picture on our red carpet entrance! Student small businesses  and visual artists will share their art and creations throughout the space! Student bands and jazz trios will be performing as well. All proceeds go to fashion Revolution, an organization working to promote fashion sustainability! Come join us for a night of student creativity! Buy your tickets now!

fashionshowtickets.eventbrite.com/ <https://fashionshowtickets.eventbrite.com/>
Student: $8 Adult: $20

Submitted by helenaudall at students.berkeley.net <mailto:helenaudall at students.berkeley.net>
@Fashionshow_bhs

SPRING CARNIVAL will be WEDNESDAY, MAY 25
WEDNESDAY, MAY 25 has been identified as the new date for the 2022 BHS Carnival.

CARNIVAL student SIGN UP FORM <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Yxa_7i-vPx1EtBtROKNnkCumPj_oBpWVI0ebFDmbQhE/edit> *staff will receive a different sign up form/slide deck

CARNIVAL student SLIDE DECK <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AbpCzzGGEc5jvrfEjLR8S5cJxW_dX2VH0qOkuRlUHeo/edit#slide=id.g11a6a213a87_0_11>

L'Union Fait la Force - African Diaspora Dance Performance
Please come support our dancers from the African Diaspora Dance classes at their spring showcase -- L'Union Fait la Force (loo-nyoh fay lah force) Our shows are this Thursday and Friday at 7pm and next Thursday and Friday at 7pm.

Students/Seniors tickets are $5. Adults are $10 Staff can receive free tickets for volunteering, please contact Dr. Dawn Williams <mailto:dawnwilliams at berkeley.net> aka Doc Dub

@bhs_afro_haitian

BHS Yearbook Updates
Do you want art credit? Maybe experience working in a collaborative team environment? A great extracurricular perhaps? Well, we've got news for you! The Berkeley High School Yearbook is looking for staff of all positions for the 2022-2023 school year. As a member of yearbook you'll take photos, conduct interviews, hone your writing skills, and more! Bring a friend, the more the merrier! Prospective students can view our staff application QR code located in the student bulletin <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfq3l3fXaqlfsuDMP1780HMn8bU1V5kCnOPtTu5b4mgYDCnow/viewform>.

2021-2022 yearbooks are still on sale for $80 at yearbookordercenter.com <http://yearbookordercenter.com/>! Students should use our code 16356 to purchase their book, and make sure to purchase one before the price goes up at distribution during finals week, which is Tuesday May 31st to Thursday June 2nd. Those who are eligible for free and reduced lunch may bring cash or check to room C327 (with their waiver) during seventh period to purchase a book. QR code to order a book is available in the bulletin email. Get your piece of school history now Berkeley High!. QR code to order a book is available in the bulletin email. <https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/>
Submitted by keizoono at students.berkeley.net <mailto:keizoono at students.berkeley.net> & Genevievemage at berkeley.net <mailto:Genevievemage at berkeley.net>
@berkeleyearbook

Club Registration for 2022-2023
For more information about starting a student club at Berkeley High, please see the club guidelines linked in the bulletin.

Student Club Registration Form <https://forms.gle/mRwjv44bzUs6WLL17>
Club Guidelines <https://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=25>

Quick Links
Need a Replacement Student ID? Replacement ID Form <https://forms.gle/JeV7JLVzAn9qw4YG8>
Submit an entry for the BHS Film Festival BHS Film Festival Submissions <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRO278OPn6rt8XmKdBSg9fZ8Vk4ObOi-JpDIjR7g8zJ0B9PA/viewform?usp=sf_link>
Title IX Resource Document Click here for the document <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AwT_RskEtnxpzMMeaZWjf_gsgrMDglzo7EMIlHJBRfg/edit?usp=sharing>
Complete a Free & Reduced Lunch Application secure.ezmealapp.com <http://secure.ezmealapp.com/> contact saraleon at berkeley.net <mailto:saraleon at berkeley.net>
Join a BHS Student Club BHS Student Club List <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>
New Club Registration is OPEN for 22-23  Register a BHS Student Club for 2022-23 <https://forms.gle/NbSbChjSjWzeLP9y6>
BHS Athletics Berkeleyhighathletics.org <http://berkeleyhighathletics.org/>
Class of 2022 Senior Letter Senior Info, Dates & Resources <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/>

Submit A Bulletin
If any BHS student or staff member is interested in submitting an announcement,
there are some basic guidelines to follow:
Here are the basic guidelines for submitting a bulletin:
1. It must be relevant to roughly 100 or more students or staff members.
2. It must be a message that promotes community and builds up positive school culture.
3. Please no birthday announcements or personal requests.
Please submit your morning announcement to the Google From by Monday morning: http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>

About
ASB Leadership is a collective student voice composed of a diverse body of student leaders. Our mission is to create a more positive and engaging experience at Berkeley High through civic engagement, community building, sustainability, social events, and positive staff-student relations.

Useful Links
BHS Website <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
Student Bulletin Archive <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>
Submit a Bulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>
Follow @juicethejackets <https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>
Current List of Student Clubs <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>
BHS Events Calendar <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=c_b3hvfpkecpkeh4gc3atup2dang%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles>
Common Concerns Form <https://forms.gle/EcFo7XhMnwD9Li3B8>
Contact Info
Berkeley High ASB Leadership
1980 Allston Way, Berkeley CA United States 94704
johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net <mailto:johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net>
510.644.8990
Go Jackets!

Notification of Non-Discrimination Policy
The Berkeley Unified School District is committed to providing a hostile-free working and learning environment. The District prohibits discrimination, harassment, bullying, intimidation, and retaliation, based on actual or perceived race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding/lactation status (related medical conditions), religion, color, national origin (including language restrictions and possession of a driver’s license (issued under Vehicle Code), ancestry, immigration status, physical or mental disability (including clinical depression and bipolar disorder, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, epilepsy, seizure disorder, diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and heart attack), medical condition (cancer-related and genetic characteristics), military and veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age (40 and above), genetic information, political belief or affiliation (unless union related), a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation in any program or activity it conducts or to which it provides significant assistance.

Discrimination is different treatment based on a protected characteristic in the context of an educational program, work or activity without a legitimate, nondiscriminatory reason that interferes with or limits the individual’s ability to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or privileges provided by the District or includes an adverse employment action.

Hostile environment harassment occurs when a target is subjected to unwelcome conduct based on a protected characteristic, which is both subjectively offensive to the target and would be offensive to a reasonable person of similar circumstances/characteristics and is sufficiently so severe, and so pervasive to interfere with or limit an individual’s ability to effectively work or to participate in or benefit from the services, activities, or opportunities offered by the District. Harassment may take many forms, including but not limited to, verbal remarks and name-calling, graphic and written statements, or any conduct that may be threatening or humiliating. Harassment based on any of the above protected categories is a form of unlawful discrimination and will not be tolerated by the District and can result in disciplinary action against the offending student or employee.

Upon witnessing an act of discrimination, harassment, bullying, intimidation, and retaliation, based on actual or perceived protected characteristics, school personnel are required to take immediate steps to intervene when it is safe to do so. Once a school/office has expressed notice or reason to know of such conduct, whether carried out by employees, students, or third parties, it should take immediate and appropriate steps to investigate, determine what occurred, take prompt and effective steps reasonably calculated to end the conduct, eliminate a hostile environment, if one has been created and prevent the conduct from occurring again. These steps should be taken regardless of whether an individual makes a complaint or asks the school/office to take action. Complaints are protected from retaliation. The District prohibits retaliation against any person who files a complaint or an appeal, reports instances of noncompliance, discrimination, harassment, bullying, and intimidation, or who participates in the complaint-filing or investigation process. This nondiscriminatory policy applies to all acts related to school activity or school attendance within any school/office under the jurisdiction of the Berkeley Unified School District.

For more information, or to file a complaint please contact:
District Title IX Coordinator/Compliance Officer Berkeley Unified School District, 2020 Bonar Street, Room 117, Berkeley CA 94702 Phone: (510) 486-9338; Email: complaints at berkeley.net <mailto:complaints at berkeley.net>

Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar <https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

To unsubscribe from the E-tree, send an email to bhs-request at lmi.net <mailto:bhs-request at lmi.net> with one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent from the email address that is subscribed to the list.  If that does not work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/ <http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/>, or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net>