[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Bulletin, Jan. 24 (Mon)

BHS Etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Jan 24 11:57:11 PST 2022

Please do not reply to this email. See contact information within each post.

One big, red & gold family!

BERKELEY HIGH SCHOOL

STUDENT BULLETIN

Lottie D., Chief of Publicity

Adam W., Chief of Publicity

Jack W., Chief of Publicity

Mr. V, Director of Student Activities

Bulletins & more  @Juicethejackets Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>

 Video Bulletin Catalog
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16dVBsMWuRjCYT_Ubp2gnQeE6ZCSa33WSyJB3ZcDdk1A/edit#bookmark=id.e2ygj2vkgg49>
(requires BUSD account)

------------------------------

Video Bulletin: Monday, Wednesday & Friday

Submit a Bulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>

Register a new or returning club before January 31st Register a BHS Student
Club for 2021-22 <https://forms.gle/NbSbChjSjWzeLP9y6>

January 24, 2022

Here is today’s video bulletin:

Bulletin 12422.mp4
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KnSON9GbIc4jH1gilY7ycBPxxC5TJE3s/view?usp=drive_web>

***apologies...website for subtitle generator failed again...If you have
recommendations for FREE subtitle generators, please let me know.

------------------------------

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS

------------------------------

Black History Month Art contest

The Berkeley high PTSA is holding their annual Black History Month Art
contest. We are taking submissions through the Google Form
<https://forms.gle/TYaVy1voWdSVWjBJ8> that is also presented in our
instagram bio (@ptsa.bhs).

Prizes for first place FOR EACH CATEGORY is $100, second is $50, and third
is $25. There are 5 different categories, Poetry, Photography & Digital
Art, Visual Art, Music, and Performance Art. The final submission date is
February 11th. All types of art are encouraged to be submitted, we are very
excited to see everything.

Submitted by anayaloving at students.berkeley.net

@ptsa.bhs

------------------------------

BHS Athletics Update

This Week’s Home Games

Today, January 24, Girls Basketball tips off versus Alameda. JV @5PM,
VARSITY @6:30PM

Tuesday, Boys Hoops tips off versus St. Joseph. Frosh/Soph @4PM, JV at 5:30PM,
Varsity @7PM

Also Tuesday, Boys Soccer kicks it against Alameda. JV at 4:30PM, VARSITY at 6
:30PM.

On Wednesday, Girls Soccer takes on Alameda. JV at 4:30PM, VARSITY at 6:30PM.

EVERYTHING you need to know about BHS Athletics can be found at
berkeleyhighathletics.org.

The direct link to this schedule with live links for tickets and streaming
is HERE <https://westalamedacountyconference.org/public/genie/678/school/3/>
.

@BHSjacketsports

Spring Sport Registration Open Now until January 31st

Spring Sport registration is open! Registration closes January 31st.

Softball, baseball, track & field, Volleyball, Tennis, Golf, Swimming &
Diving, Crew, and Badminton.

In order to participate on the first day of tryouts, you must have a valid
physical uploaded to your registration and have earned more than a 2.0GPA
for the first semester. Tryouts begin February 7th. Find everything you
need to know about Berkeley High Sports here: berkeleyhighathletics.org

 Check out the calendar to go support your Yellow Jackets!

Link to game calendar
<https://westalamedacountyconference.org/public/genie/678/school/3/>

For upcoming games & more scores, visit

Berkeleyhighathletics.org <http://berkeleyhighathletics.org/>

------------------------------

Campus Clean Up

The 10th and 11th grade leadership team is hosting a campus cleanup this
Tuesday the 25th after school. We're looking for people to come and
volunteer to help clean up the campus. By trash and other things. While
also helping out the custodians.

Meet in front of the Donahue Gym.

Submitted by jonathanschwartz at students.berkeley.net &
gursimarkaur at students.berkeley.net

@bhs2024leadership

------------------------------

Ad in Yearbook

Hey, Jackets!

Do you want an AD in the yearbook…well here is your chance. ADs are a great
memory capsule that will last forever. Things like photos of you and your
friends, family, or anything that has a meaning to you can go in the AD.
This is not limited to pictures, it can also be thoughtful messages from
your loved ones. Yearbook will be accepting files of pictures and written
out messages on a Google form for us to design your AD. If you happen to
design your own, just email us a PNG. *Make sure that all photos are of
good quality*

A flyer with all of the information will be featured on our email and
instagram @bhsyerbook.

Submitted by noemibuenrostro at students.berkeley.net

------------------------------

Notice to the Berkeley High School Community

Berkeley High School is experiencing an elevated COVID-19 risk during the
Omicron surge. Working with our Public Health partners at the City of
Berkeley, we are shifting our case response focus to twice-weekly
school-wide testing of students and staff and community-wide COVID risk
notifications, rather than individual exposure letters for students.

BHS Principal Juan Raygoza will be sending a more detailed message
regarding a new schedule starting next week that aims at increasing the
number of students and staff we are testing. In short:

We will be testing all Berkeley High School students and staff on the
following dates:

On Monday, January 24th testing will be available from 8:15-9:30am (before
school) and from 12:30-1:00pm (lunch time) at the Jacket Stadium ticket
booth.

Staff can also still access testing Monday, January 24th and Tuesday,
January 25th from 2:30-5:00pm.

Student-athletes should continue to follow their regular schedule until
further notice. Students in grades 9th and 12th can also still access
testing on Tuesday, January 25th from 3:30-5:00pm.

*****NEW SCHEDULE*****

Beginning Wednesday, January 26th Berkeley High School will begin testing
students during the school day (we are planning to minimize class
instruction) and also offer staff testing during the work day.

Most Berkeley High School students and staff are already registered for
BUSD’s free COVID-19 testing. Anyone not registered for testing can
register here <https://my.primary.health/l/berkeley_usd>. This is one-time
registration only. It is not necessary to register for each test date.

This twice-weekly testing will  provide a faster and more efficient way of
identifying students and staff who have COVID at Berkeley High School,
which will slow the spread of COVID at our school.

In the last seven days, 85 COVID-19 cases have been identified as having
been on campus while infectious. We will continue to watch our case numbers
and, in consultation with the City of Berkeley Health Department, make a
determination about the pace of future testing.

Please refer to the COVID Case Dashboard
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/coronavirus/case-dashboard/> to see case
numbers on a daily basis.

------------------------------

Berkeley Half Marathon

Did you know that a large, city wide running race starts right here at
Berkeley High each year. The 2022 Berkeley Half Marathon is on Sunday,
February 27 with options to run 13.1 miles, 10 KM, or 5 KM along with a
family 1KM. Check out their website for more information
<https://berkeleyhalfmarathon.com/> on how to run, the race course, or even
how to volunteer. If you live along the race course, know that the race
starts at 8 am, so that you can cheer the thousands of runners passing by.

@berkeleyhalf

------------------------------

2022 PROM is scheduled for Saturday, March 19, 2022 at the SF Design Center
Galleria.

Proof of vaccination will be required to buy a ticket & enter along with
use of a properly fitting mask

More details to be announced early spring 2022

Prom 2022 theme: A Starry Night Tickets available online: TBD

SF Design Center Galleria 101 Henry Adams St., San Francisco, CA 94103

8:00 pm – 11:30 pm – Doors close at 9:30pm - No in & out privileges for any
reason.

Guest Passes & Dance Conduct:  Non-BHS Guest Passes must be submitted when
tickets are purchased.  Only guests 20 years of age or younger will be
admitted to Prom.  The last day guest passes are accepted will be May 8 and
are available in the Leadership Office or click here for the guest pass form
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cDGx-47Qh-QMeofgTKyiSZOuOuXZRZ_m/view?usp=sharing>.
The BHS Dance Conduct Policy will be strictly enforced.

Prom Policy: In order to attend prom, students should not be involved in
conduct that violates education code and school rules from February 1-March
18. If there is a violation of the education code and school rules you will
be excluded from prom.

Attendance: In December, the attendance office will send students who have
30+ unexcused absences a letter home notifying them that they cannot attend
Senior Prom.  Students on the Prom Exclusion List will also receive an
email to their student email account with the same notification.

If you receive a Prom Exclusion Letter:

-You can earn yourself off the prom exclusion list by showing improvement
in your attendance.  You will need to complete a 2-week attendance  that
you can pick up from the attendance office. You must have no unexcused
period absences or CUTs during your 2 week attendance card and it must be
completed before March 11th, the end of quarter 3.

-You can attend tutoring in the College and Career Center or through
teacher tutorials and complete the attached Unexcused Absence Clearance
Form to clear up to 12 unverified absences from the previous month. If you
can get your unexcused absences count under 30, you will be removed from
the Prom Exclusion list.

Please email Ms. Watson at amanwatson at berkeley.net if you have any
questions about this

------------------------------

FEEDBACK ON BHS CAFETERIA FOOD

Want improved cafeteria food? More inclusive options? We would greatly
appreciate hearing about your experience, comments, and concerns with the
cafeteria food. Fill out this quick survey to help us in our mission to
make the food served reflect our needs. Thanks!
https://forms.gle/ogEKBr9RudK8CGVG7

------------------------------

Prom 2022 Fundraiser

Prom 2022 is coming up on March 19th at the SF Design Center! This event is
a celebration of all the hard work BHS students have done, especially
through the difficult learning circumstances of the past two years. The
Senior Class Leadership team is asking for your support in ensuring that we
continue to offer low prices for all students as well as additional
discounts to students who qualify for free and reduced meals. A prom ticket
provides a guest with free food, beverage, and photos, along with entry
into the party of the year. Your donations will go towards reducing the
cost of prom for all students purchasing tickets. We greatly appreciate any
donations and look forward to seeing you all at prom!

https://gofund.me/cad76c00

Submitted by krithidesouza at students.berkeley.net

@bhslead22

------------------------------

IMPORTANT PREVIOUS ANNOUNCEMENTS BELOW

------------------------------

Black History Month issue for The Jacket

The Jacket is taking submissions for our Black History Month special issue!
We are looking for writing and art pieces representing what this month
means for BHS students. Any student can submit a piece of work to the
Jacket to be featured in our celebratory issue. Submissions are due on
Sunday, February 6th. Please send your work to Jeremy Herpin
jeremyherpin at students.berkeley.net.

Any questions can be directed to Naomi Rosen at
naomirosen at students.berkeley.net

@bhsjacket

------------------------------

Student Clubs & Grants Requests to BHS Development Group

Are you a student club interested in organizing projects but don't have the
funds to do it? Well the BHS Development Group has got you covered. The
BHSDG is a working board of parent volunteers and student representatives
committed to improving the educational experience at Berkeley High. We
really want to support student voices so if you are a student organization,
please consider checking out BHSDG.org <http://www.bhsdg.org/> for more
info. You can always reach out to your student representatives, Ian Segall
and Clara Brownstein, by email at iansegall at students.berkeley.net or
clarabrownstein at students.berkeley.net.

------------------------------

 Board Game Friday

Every Friday is Board Game Friday in room D218. Bring a friend, eat your
lunch outside. Anyone is welcome.

Submitted by pamelavanderpoel at berkeley.net

------------------------------

Asian Pacific Islander Hoodies

Hoodies from APIC are available to pre-order now until 1/28/2022! Design is
on the poster.

Here’s the link: https://tinyurl.com/hoodieform22

Please order by January 28th! Each hoodies are $20 each. Youth sizes are
$15.

Submitted by Emilysidharta at students.berkeley.net

@bhs.apic

------------------------------

Mental Wellbeing message

by Riya J., Commissioner of Health

Hello there, Berkeley High! We understand that everyone has been feeling
anxious and/or stressed, especially after returning from winter break with
the Omicron variant.

We wanted to come on the bulletin to remind you that all of your worries
and fears are incredibly valid, but don't let them jeopardize your mental
wellbeing. As of January 11th, Mr. Raygoza has made covid-19 rapid tests
available to all students, and 10,000 KN95 masks have been ordered and are
on their way. This should significantly increase our protection as a
student body/community while also attempting to reduce a few stressors.

Keep yourself informed, and read the emails Mr. Raygoza sends you. He has
accurate and up-to-date information because he is in constant contact with
BUSD leadership, as well as public health and CDC guidelines, which are
currently our best resources. We should all be safe as long as we follow
the covid protocols in place.

Remember to go outside if you need a breath of fresh air, to stay at home
if you are sick, and, most importantly, to take care of yourself and those
around you. A padlet with numerous resources for mental health, academic
support, and contact information for your counselors is linked in the
bulletin email. The city of  Berkeley has provided free access to the
Headspace app, which is a resource for emotional well-being and
mindfulness, and there is so much more on that padlet. Reach out to your
academic counselors, the health center's mental health counselors, and your
peers for support.

BHS COVID Resources <https://padlet.com/bhsresources/86w7q3aeop5p>

------------------------------

Computer Science Guest Speaker Panel w/ STEMinist Club

Wed. Jan. 26 G213 @ lunch

Are you interested in pursuing computer science in the future? Join the
STEMinist club on Wednesday, January 26th, for a panel with the Association
of Women in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. AWE is a
student-run organization at UC Berkeley that seeks to empower female and
non-binary undergraduate students pursuing Computer Science and/or
Electrical Engineering disciplines. Hear current students talk about their
experiences pursuing the field at an undergraduate level, work experiences,
internships, student life, and more! Below is specific information on each
panelist.

AWE Website: https://awe.berkeley.edu/

Panelist Information:

Enya: Senior CS major. Loves to bake and bike, and is open to talking about
internships and personal projects.

Ruslana: 3rd year CS major. Heavily involved in teaching CS, social clubs,
dance, and crafting.

Hetal: 3rd year CS major. Open to talk about internships and teaching.

Kalie: 2nd year CS major, data science minor. Open to talking about
internships, research, personal projects, and teaching.

Katherine Shu: 4th year EECS major. Open to talking about internships,
research, teaching, service clubs, study abroad, dance.

Submitted by bhssteminist at gmail.com

@bhs.steminist

------------------------------

Berkeley's Resident Camps Now Hiring Announcement!

Working for Berkeley camps is a valuable experience because we understand
the importance of providing both our campers and our staff members with a
diverse, equitable, and inclusive camp community.

Have a specific interest or skill set? We have a position for you!

Camp has a wide variety of job opportunities: Recreation, environmental
education, youth camp cabin counselors, administration, hospitality and
customer service, carpentry, maintenance, groundskeeping, sanitization,
culinary and food preparation, aquatics and more.

Don’t Wait, Apply Today!

   -

   Complete the REQUIRED employment application: Berkeley Recreation
   Employment Application
   <https://www.cityofberkeley.info/uploadedFiles/Parks_Rec_Waterfront/Level_3_-_Recreation/Employment%20Application_7-11-19.pdf>

Where to Send Applications:

   -

   Send your completed application directly to our Camps email:
   Camps at cityofberkeley.info
   -

   For questions, text or call DC Pompey, Berkeley Echo Lake Camp Manager
   (510) 292-8123 for more information about Summer Camp employment
   opportunities.

------------------------------

Want To Play Rugby?

Come Join the Rugby Club starting this Saturday as we have our first
practice at Tom Bates Field at the bottom of Gilman St.

Practices are on Saturdays 9-noon and

Tuesday & Thursday 5-7pm

All grades are welcome.

No experience needed.

Any Question contact Coach Bhu at (510) 295-7092

Submitted by maurogreen at students.berkeley.net & Coach Keir
keirpaasch at yahoo.com

------------------------------

Extended Deadline for Late Senior Portraits

We've extended our deadline for late senior portraits to the end of
January. Seniors can visit the Lifetouch office in Hayward to get their
pictures taken until the 31st. Their address is 30351 Huntwood Ave,
Hayward, CA, and they're open from 10 AM to 5 PM. We highly encourage all
seniors to get their portraits taken, otherwise, we will have to use your
student ID photo.

For all Berkeley High students, make sure you purchase a yearbook before
our prices go up on February 14th. Yearbooks are currently available for
$65, and students can purchase a part of history at yearbookordercenter.com
using our code 16356.

@berkeleyearbook

------------------------------

Replacement ID Card

For students who still need a replacement ID card, you have a free option
available to you for the next two weeks. Please complete the Google Form in
the bulletin <https://forms.gle/JeV7JLVzAn9qw4YG8>. Once the form is
complete, Ms. Ronda in the Counseling Center will notify you via email that
the card is ready for pick up. Please note that ID cards are only printed
on Wednesday.

If after January 24 you still need a student ID card, then please visit the
online BHS Student Store
<https://berkeley.myschoolcentral.com/asbworks/(S(lojmbc04teehowvgymvkjxln))/apps/webstore/pages/WebStore.aspx>
to purchase a replacement ID card. Once the payment is received, this will
set forth the process so that an ID card will be made for you.

------------------------------

Join Student Leadership

Students are from all learning communities and levels of experience are
encouraged to apply. Help us create an even better team by applying for an
elected position by February 8 or an appointed position by April 19. You
can run to be ASB President, Class President, School Board Student Rep, or
one of the Chiefs of Publicity among other elected positions.

Please visit the Leadership website for the list of positions with
descriptions, important dates, and other information.
<https://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/?page_id=21>

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Contact Mr. V

Anna Kahn-Akselrod, Commissioner of Elections

------------------------------

Complete the Free & Reduced Meals Form for Discounts

Families should complete an EZ Meal App <http://secure.ezmealapp.com/> in
order to receive benefits under the free & reduced lunch program. If
determined to qualify, students can receive discounts to school events
(prom, graduation, etc.) among other testing discounts if they have
completed forms on file with B.U.S.D. Once determined to qualify for free &
reduced meals, Nutrition Services will send a paper copy of the eligibility
letter to the home mailing address. To receive the discount, this paper
copy or digital photo of the eligibility letter will be shown to school
officials overseeing the school event. Families can also request an
eligibility letter if they completed the Alternative Income Form at
registration.

If a household needs another letter they should contact Sara Leon either
through saraleon at berkeley.net or nutritionservices at berkeley.net. This
information is protected by right to privacy so we are not able to provide
this information to minors or someone other than the head of household.
Requests can be made by phone 510.644.6200 or through email, or by US mail
2020 Bonar Street, Suite 1, Berkeley CA, 94702. Nutrition Services require
up to three days to process their request as these do not tend to come in
one at a time.

------------------------------

Quick Links

Submit an entry for the BHS Film Festival BHS Film Festival Submissions
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeRO278OPn6rt8XmKdBSg9fZ8Vk4ObOi-JpDIjR7g8zJ0B9PA/viewform?usp=sf_link>

Good Eggs Fundraiser schools.goodeggs.com with school code:
goodeggsforberkeleyhighschool

Title IX Resource Document Click here for the document
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AwT_RskEtnxpzMMeaZWjf_gsgrMDglzo7EMIlHJBRfg/edit?usp=sharing>

Complete a Free & Reduced Lunch Application secure.ezmealapp.com

Join a BHS Student Club BHS Student Club List
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>

Register a new or returning club before January 31st Register a BHS Student
Club for 2021-22 <https://forms.gle/NbSbChjSjWzeLP9y6>

BHS Athletics Berkeleyhighathletics.org <http://berkeleyhighathletics.org/>

Class of 2022 Senior Letter Senior Info, Dates & Resources
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/senior-information-2/>

------------------------------

Submit A Bulletin

If any BHS student or staff member is interested in submitting an
announcement,

there are some basic guidelines to follow:

Here are the basic guidelines for submitting a bulletin:

1. It must be relevant to roughly 100 or more students or staff members.

2. It must be a message that promotes community and builds up positive
school culture.

3. Please no birthday announcements or personal requests.

Please submit your morning announcement to the Google From by Monday
morning: http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin

About

ASB Leadership is a collective student voice composed of a diverse body of
student leaders. Our mission is to create a more positive and engaging
experience at Berkeley High through civic engagement, community building,
sustainability, social events, and positive staff-student relations.

Useful Links

BHS Website <https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>

Student Bulletin Archive <http://berkeleyschools.net/leadership/>

Submit a Bulletin <http://bit.ly/bhsstudentbulletin>

Follow @juicethejackets <https://www.instagram.com/juicethejackets/>

Current List of Student Clubs
<https://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/student-activities-3/berkeley-high-clubs/>

BHS Events Calendar
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=c_b3hvfpkecpkeh4gc3atup2dang%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles>

Contact Info

Berkeley High ASB Leadership

1980 Allston Way, Berkeley CA United States 94704

johnvillavicencio at berkeley.net

510.644.8990

Go Jackets!

Notification of Non-Discrimination Policy

The Berkeley Unified School District is committed to providing a
hostile-free working and learning environment. The District prohibits
discrimination, harassment, bullying, intimidation, and retaliation, based
on actual or perceived race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity/expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding/lactation
status (related medical conditions), religion, color, national origin
(including language restrictions and possession of a driver’s license
(issued under Vehicle Code), ancestry, immigration status, physical or
mental disability (including clinical depression and bipolar disorder,
HIV/AIDS, hepatitis, epilepsy, seizure disorder, diabetes, multiple
sclerosis, and heart attack), medical condition (cancer-related and genetic
characteristics), military and veteran status, marital status, registered
domestic partner status, age (40 and above), genetic information, political
belief or affiliation (unless union related), a person’s association with a
person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived
characteristics, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local
law, ordinance, or regulation in any program or activity it conducts or to
which it provides significant assistance.

Discrimination is different treatment based on a protected characteristic
in the context of an educational program, work or activity without a
legitimate, nondiscriminatory reason that interferes with or limits the
individual’s ability to participate in or benefit from the services,
activities, or privileges provided by the District or includes an adverse
employment action.

Hostile environment harassment occurs when a target is subjected to
unwelcome conduct based on a protected characteristic, which is both
subjectively offensive to the target and would be offensive to a reasonable
person of similar circumstances/characteristics and is sufficiently so
severe, and so pervasive to interfere with or limit an individual’s ability
to effectively work or to participate in or benefit from the services,
activities, or opportunities offered by the District. Harassment may take
many forms, including but not limited to, verbal remarks and name-calling,
graphic and written statements, or any conduct that may be threatening or
humiliating. Harassment based on any of the above protected categories is a
form of unlawful discrimination and will not be tolerated by the District
and can result in disciplinary action against the offending student or
employee.

Upon witnessing an act of discrimination, harassment, bullying,
intimidation, and retaliation, based on actual or perceived protected
characteristics, school personnel are required to take immediate steps to
intervene when it is safe to do so. Once a school/office has expressed
notice or reason to know of such conduct, whether carried out by employees,
students, or third parties, it should take immediate and appropriate steps
to investigate, determine what occurred, take prompt and effective steps
reasonably calculated to end the conduct, eliminate a hostile environment,
if one has been created and prevent the conduct from occurring again. These
steps should be taken regardless of whether an individual makes a complaint
or asks the school/office to take action. Complaints are protected from
retaliation. The District prohibits retaliation against any person who
files a complaint or an appeal, reports instances of noncompliance,
discrimination, harassment, bullying, and intimidation, or who participates
in the complaint-filing or investigation process. This nondiscriminatory
policy applies to all acts related to school activity or school attendance
within any school/office under the jurisdiction of the Berkeley Unified
School District.

For more information, or to file a complaint please contact:

District Title IX Coordinator/Compliance Officer Berkeley Unified School
District, 2020 Bonar Street, Room 117, Berkeley CA 94702 Phone: (510)
486-9338; Email: complaints at berkeley.net

------------------------------------
Nicole Chee, Jenny Fosket, Chaghig Walker, and Charlotte Le Liboux are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the E-tree; please direct any questions
about the E-tree to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS E-tree archives <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
BHS website <http://bhs.berkeleyschools.net/>
BUSD 2021-2022 Calendar
<https://www.berkeleyschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Calendar-21-22-v71221.pdf>
BUSD Non-Discrimination Statement / la Política de No Discriminación
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XoKaZIol254f7rDheAHhgr1FEJWfEOS2e4nU7_4LcqM/edit>

one word only in the subject line: unsubscribe.  The request must be sent
from the email address that is subscribed to the list. If that does not
work, visit the URL at the bottom of each message, or put your email
address at the end of this URL:  http://lists.lmi.net/mailman/options/bhs/,
or contact the E-tree moderators at bhs-owner at lmi.net. <bhs-owner at lmi.net>

word only in the subject line: subscribe.